SyncDb: failed to execute query to save file info

Dantounet

Just used 1.1.48 on my ARM raspberry pi, I have seen the error in my logs. luckily I was in debug mode.

"SyncDb: failed to prepare query to save file info - 1802"

I am sending an email now to the support as I am not comfortable in having this logs online (email is roy.....@gmail.com)

@Dantounet: seems to be an I/O error, according to the error number (it's the sqlite error returned). Maybe the hard drive (or… SD card ? don't tell me you're using btsync on an sd-card…) has some problems.

Also, the RPi has an unreliable USB connection - this may create some problems if you have an USB hard drive…

For such a use, maybe the cubieboard[1] is better, as it has a dedicated sata port, and it's a bit more robust…

Have a look at system logs (such as dmesg), it may give you some more information.

Cheers,

C.

[1] http://cubieboard.org/

btsync - 1.1.48

FreeBSD -9.1 i386

config: (the same as before)

{
"device_name" : "fs754",
"listening_port" : 12345,
"storage_path" : "/var/db/btsync/s01",
"pid_file" : "/var/run/btsync.pid",
"check_for_updates" : false,
"use_upnp" : false,
"download_limit" : 0,
"upload_limit" : 0,
"webui" :
{
// "listen" : "0.0.0.0:8888", // remove "listen" field to disable WebUI
"login" : "admin", // remove "login" and "password" fields to disable credentials check
"password" : "password"
},
"shared_folders" :
[
{
"secret" : "Supper-Dupper-key",
"dir" : "/usr/home/share",
"use_relay_server" : false,
"use_tracker" : false,
"use_dht" : false,
"search_lan" : false,
"use_sync_trash" : true,
"known_hosts" : [
"FQDN:12345"
]
}
]

}

log after first start after replacing btsync from 1.1.42 to 1.1.48

[20130627 18:29:07.229] Loading config file version 1.1.42
[20130627 18:29:07.236] Loaded folder /usr/home/share
[20130627 18:29:07.240] Loaded folder /usr/home/share
[20130627 18:29:07.246] Loaded folder /usr/home/share
[20130627 18:29:07.250] Loaded folder /usr/home/share
[20130627 18:29:07.253] Loaded folder /usr/home/share
[20130627 18:29:07.256] Loaded folder /usr/home/share
[20130627 18:29:07.428] Error while adding folder /usr/home/share: Selected folder is already added to BitTorrent Sync.
[20130627 18:32:25.237] Received shutdown request via signal 15
[20130627 18:32:25.609] Shutdown. Saving config sync.dat

attempt to cure:

# remove anything from "storage_path"
rm -fdr /var/db/btsync/s01/*

start btsync again by following : killall btsync

then : cat /var/db/btsync/s01/sync.log

[20130627 18:38:32.767] Received shutdown request via signal 15
[20130627 18:38:32.809] Shutdown. Saving config sync.dat

looks like Ok, but after first and all subsequent restarts :

[20130627 18:39:31.123] Loading config file version 1.1.48
[20130627 18:39:31.132] Loaded folder /usr/home/share
[20130627 18:39:31.328] Error while adding folder /usr/home/share: Selected folder is already added to BitTorrent Sync.

Looks like an error on loading folder(s) for synchronization

P.S.

------------------

Does BTsync has any official bug tracking system ?

If not, let me suggest:

fossil-scm.org

(no any affiliation with them by the way, just a happy user)

Written by the same guy who brought us SQLite.

A single file that do practically all the same things as the git, but much, much simply to use. Besides of all features that needed to run DCVS, it has embedded web server that gives not just ability to track issues/tickets, but has also embedded versioning(with primary project) wiki that is more than enough to documentation. By the way, bug tracking system for SQLite runs by fossil.

All in one - DCVS, + web-timeline history + issue/bug tracking system + documentation wiki + flexible access control + many more...

As I said, no any affiliation with fossil-scm, just a user who switched from git and happy now as an elephant in a river.

• 3 weeks later...

@Dantounet: seems to be an I/O error, according to the error number (it's the sqlite error returned). Maybe the hard drive (or… SD card ? don't tell me you're using btsync on an sd-card…) has some problems.

Also, the RPi has an unreliable USB connection - this may create some problems if you have an USB hard drive…

For such a use, maybe the cubieboard[1] is better, as it has a dedicated sata port, and it's a bit more robust…

Have a look at system logs (such as dmesg), it may give you some more information.

Cheers,

C.

[1] http://cubieboard.org/

Thanks SwissTengu,

Unfortunately my RPi is already deployed into another country so hard for me to migrate to cubieboard. I'll have a look later though.

Would it be possible to make btsync more robust to I/O errors ? It still logs a lot of

[20130815 13:19:51.025] SyncDb: failed to prepare query to save metadata - 1802
[20130815 13:19:51.027] SyncDb: failed to prepare statement to query metadata - 1802

But the data still get downloaded and written on the USB Disk.

No error in dmesg or syslog though :unsure:

• 3 months later...

Errors are now appearing on my Synology NAS

SyncDb: failed to prepare query to save file info - 5...[20131126 16:13:32.831] SyncDb: failed to prepare statement to query metadata - 1802[20131126 16:13:32.832] SyncDb: failed to prepare query to save metadata - 1802

Do you know what does it mean and how to avoid it ?

• 6 months later...

i  had consistent difficulties with an arm (RPI) and a linux (i386) installation with 1.3.105 and needed to downgrad.. my problems were SyncDb: failed to prepare query to save file info - 5

for downgrading:

get the sources from http://syncapp.bittorrent.com/1.3.94/ (unzip the archive)

find the folder where the btsync-common executable is currently (in my case /usr/lib/btsync-common).

rename (or delete) the btsync-common-xxx file there and paste the one from the archive and rename it to whatever the name of the previous file was.

start btsync...

the downgrad process would be simpler if leo moll could leave older versions on the ppa. then apt-get or synaptic would be able to see them. (otherwise: great work to maintain the ppa! thank you!)

performance is back where it was before on the ARM, but on the linux system i still have

SyncDb: failed to execute query to save file info - 5

any hint what could be the reason? (some permissions somewhere?)

andrew

Edited by andrewufrank

@andrewufrank

The error you show indicates that BTSync failed to save necessary data to the DB with error code "5" which can be decoded as "The database file is locked". It can happen if either same DB file is used by other instance of BTSync (or any other application?) or if BTSync does not have access to the file.

Any other errors that pop up in the log? Also, what sort of functional loss do you experience?

I do have the exact same issue on a Synology NAS since upgrading the btsync package to 1.3.94.

My client computer is running 1.3.94 too.

I can't manage to downgradre or upgrade the package on the Synology NAS.

Right now, there's no more sync between my NAS and the client computer (Win 7).

BitTorrent support told me that they were aware of this issue on ARM/low-powered device and they were working on it.

I upgraded to version 1.3.105 and I do not see the error on my raspberry pi/USB disk nor my Synology NAS anymore.

Both device are syncing ok and there is less crashing issue on the synology lately.

Not sure what version fixed the issue but it looks like it's working now.

It has only been a couple of day since I upgraded so I prefer to wait a bit before confirming the issue as solved.

SinDromX, 

Also SyncDb: failed to execute query to save file info - 5? I mean also, error code - 5?

Check out if the updated binary and the storage folder (you storage path, if you use config) or .sync folder (the hidden folder where binary is) belong to the same user and the updated binary is launched under the owner of above mentioned folders.