where can i download android app?

zhuzhu

Today 1.1.23 is available on Google Market, but the link above (which is created to correspond to the latest PC version of 1.1.42) hasn't changed to link to the latest Android version.

Is there a link they use that always points to the latest apk? I'd rather have direct access than rely on Google.

BTSync team: Set up a read-only sync with latest versions. ;)

Anyway, going back to the OP's question...

i can't install google play in my phone

Is the architecture of your Android device ARM or x86? If it's the latter, this will be why you are currently unable to install Sync on your Android device.

x86 Android support is currently in development

Not at present, you would need to continue using the Google Play Store to obtain the latest Sync build for Android

They do have syncapp linked to directly already. 1.1.21 for Android is available from http://syncapp.bittorrent.com/1.1.42 . I'm just asking if they can keep this more updated, since 1.1.23 is out already, but not linked through their site.

Not all my devices have Google's software installed, so this is a problem for me. It would be great if this could be made available without needing to use Play Store. I'd rather get it directly from Bittorrent.com than a third party than may have manipulated the apk.

I'm also in principle opposed to apps only being available through stores. Google (and others) don't need to know everything I have installed on my phone. They require a logon for obtaining free software. It's a matter of privacy, and I'm working toward being Google-free.

They do have syncapp linked to directly already. 1.1.21 for Android is available from http://syncapp.bittorrent.com/1.1.42 . I'm just asking if they can keep this more updated, since 1.1.23 is out already, but not linked through their site.

Yes, as you say, the link you reference is only for 1.1.21, and the link on that page will likely not be updated, as that page refers to the various builds available to coincide with the main Sync 1.1.42 release.

I totally understand what you're saying, though, that you'd like some kind of static "BTsync-latest.apk" link that always downloads whichever is the latest build of Android Sync. Unfortunately, no such link exists at present, which is the point I was making in answer to your question.

Yes, as you say, the link you reference is only for 1.1.21, and the link on that page will likely not be updated, as that page refers to the various builds available to coincide with the main Sync 1.1.42 release.

I totally understand what you're saying, though, that you'd like some kind of static "BTsync-latest.apk" link that always downloads whichever is the latest build of Android Sync. Unfortunately, no such link exists at present, which is the point I was making.

I'm very much aware there isn't one at this time. That's why I posted the request.