unc paths error

bradwww

why does BTSync not support UNC paths? i get an error trying to add a local pogoplug drive:

\\Fads1a58cc

drive works with all other software, please advise if this path can be allowed - declares an error. thanks!

brad

Could you please provide us an error message?

Have you tried pre-pending your UNC paths with "\\?\" - Please see this thread

Long-UNC paths should be prepended with "\\?\UNC\", "\\?\" prefix just tells WinAPI not to parse passed path and transfer it "as is" to the file system. This prefix disables MAX_PATH limitations. Each time u're adding a new folder to the BTSync it converts folder path to its long form, so adding prefix just disables conversion algorithms.

why does BTSync not support UNC paths? i get an error trying to add a local pogoplug drive:

\\Fads1a58cc

drive works with all other software, please advise if this path can be allowed - declares an error. thanks!

brad

Try syncing a directory below \\Fads1a58cc (like \\Fads1a58cc\mysync). I haven't had a chance to try it myself, but it occurred to me that there could be an issue syncing a pathless unc.