Slow, slow

I've already created a ticket, but thought it was worth posting here. Since the recent update last week, upload speeds on files has been incredibly slow, less than 2-3k in some cases. All files are over 200MB, it doesn't matter how many are being Sync'd it never gets past a painful trickle.

I'm sending to a Windows 7 PC from my Windows 8 PC, previously I'd get 250-300k solidly. I've rebooted both machines, uninstalled sync, changed the sync folder after removing the link. I'm completely stuck as to what to do as it's next to useless at these speeds.

Oddly, and I'm not sure if it's related, but I tried using Google Drive as a short term replacement, but this keeps disconnecting, and reconnecting too. Bear in mind I've tried this on two Windows 8 machines, a desktop and laptop. It's baffling why these two different applications are behaving similarly on different machines!!

It's the environment, and you've pretty much proven it by adding that Google Drive is also experiencing issues. Try disabling any and all antivirus protection or associated firewalls (including windows firewall) and try again. If that doesn't work, attempt to manually open the applicable ports on your router, restart your computer, disable antivirus and firewalls again, and try again.

If none of the above solutions work for you, then it's possible that either that's all the bandwidth that you currently have allocated to that PC (via QOS) or some other rate limiting program, such as torrents, usenet, or direct downloads. Disable any and all programs that could be 'downloading' information (torrents, usenet, ect) and try again.

If none of the solutions above work for you, restart into safe mode, and try for a final time. If at any time BTSync begins working as it should, you have an issue with the way that your computer or network functions, and you'll need to fix it before BTSync begins working as it should.

What specific version of sync are you using?

How are the two machines connected?

Hi, thanks for the reply, it's version 1.1.42.

Both machines have separate home cable, mine is 60meg and the other is on 30meg. No changes have occurred on either machine, other than the change in Syn version...

It's the environment, and you've pretty much proven it by adding that Google Drive is also experiencing issues. Try disabling any and all antivirus protection or associated firewalls (including windows firewall) and try again. If that doesn't work, attempt to manually open the applicable ports on your router, restart your computer, disable antivirus and firewalls again, and try again.

If none of the above solutions work for you, then it's possible that either that's all the bandwidth that you currently have allocated to that PC (via QOS) or some other rate limiting program, such as torrents, usenet, or direct downloads. Disable any and all programs that could be 'downloading' information (torrents, usenet, ect) and try again.

If none of the solutions above work for you, restart into safe mode, and try for a final time. If at any time BTSync begins working as it should, you have an issue with the way that your computer or network functions, and you'll need to fix it before BTSync begins working as it should.

Thanks for the suggestion r.e. firewall and a/v. I'm using Avast as my antivirus, not sure if there are any historical issues with it in the past? I'll try these out when I get back from work. I rolled my PC back to before the version change, however it was still very slow, i guess it rules out any Windows updates...

Thanks for the suggestion r.e. firewall and a/v. I'm using Avast as my antivirus, not sure if there are any historical issues with it in the past? I'll try these out when I get back from work. I rolled my PC back to before the version change, however it was still very slow, i guess it rules out any Windows updates...

Any time you have multiple antivirus running at once, you'll have network issues. Especially antivirus with integrated firewalls, which is why I suggested these procedures.