Rareme

Retrieve Secret Through my Android Device (GT-i9300)

Hey all! :D

I have 1 PC, 1 Laptop and 1 Android device.

I synced 1 folder (Music) between my android device and my pc.

Now I only have my android device and my laptop with me because I'm on vacation.

How can I get the secret from my android device, so I can enter it into my laptop so I have my music also synced on my laptop? Any suggestions? B)

If it is impossible please give me alternatives :unsure:

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,

Rareme.

In the android app go to the settings menu and under Backup click the backup button. Put the backup somewhere that will be easy to find(I would make a new folder). Download a file manager like OI File Manager, then navigate to where you put the backup. Extract the files in the .zip. Then go into the new btsync directory and rename sync.dat to sync.txt and open sync.txt. In there you will be able to see all your settings.

Find the key you want and copy it down(ignore the 15: the key will always end with, ex if the key was AAAAAAAA the file would have :AAAAAAAA15:)

In the android app go to the settings menu and under Backup click the backup button. Put the backup somewhere that will be easy to find(I would make a new folder). Download a file manager like OI File Manager, then navigate to where you put the backup. Extract the files in the .zip. Then go into the new btsync directory and rename sync.dat to sync.txt and open sync.txt. In there you will be able to see all your settings.

Find the key you want and copy it down(ignore the 15: the key will always end with, ex if the key was AAAAAAAA the file would have :AAAAAAAA15:)

Wow! Thats insane! The suggested workaround may work (I have not tried it yet), but I feel that it should be an option to see those settings/secret in an easier way. Can this be a part of requested features?

[update]

OK. I just tried it and it works... well sort of. It not a very "user-friendly" method.  Following is an example of what one would after opening that txt file (for obvious reason, I have replaced sensitive information by some characters). Notice the text "HERE_GOES_THE_SECRET" in the line below.

d10:.fileguard40:##$$@@##$$%%##$$%%#@@##$$@@##$$$$7:version6:1.2.736:device18:Nexus 47:foldersld4:path31:/storage/emulated/0/DCIM/Camera6:secret33:HERE_GOES_THE_SECRET15:stopped_by_useri0e7:use_dhti0e17:use_lan_broadcasti1e9:use_relayi1e11:use_trackeri1e15:use_known_hostsi0e11:known_hostsle5:peersld2:id20:\##\##\##\##;]\##\##\##\##\##%\##\##	\######:last_sync_completedi##########eee7:invitesle7:fc_typei0e15:delete_to_trashi0e14:selective_synci0e9:overwritei0e22:mutex_file_initializedi1eed4: