Android Download

eseelke

I want to install this on a Parrot Asterisk Smart, which does not have access to the Google Play Store.

The last Android download I found on the bittorrent.com website was here (and still is at the time of this posting): http://syncapp.bittorrent.com/1.1.42/BTSync-1.1.21.apk

It seems to work fine with 1.1.48 desktop version. I've been methodically downloading all versions for all platforms and compiling an archive in anticipation of it going Google-only at some point.

I can't find any links to version 1.1.27 (which is the latest one in Google Play).

I certainly won't be Googlizing my phone just to download an app. I have a bunch of friends using Android devices that don't use Google accounts either so I guess at some point BTSync will go GooglePlay-only and we'll be stuck with whatever the last free version was.

I hope a link to 1.1.27.apk is posted soon on the bittorrent.com website. I understand they don't want rogue versions floating around but the best way to avoid that is to have an official version on the official website. If an official apk isn't posted I'll have to investigate rogue methods and I really don't want to do that with my phone. At least 1.1.21 works for what I need so if I never get to upgrade from it I won't be too upset. Mind you, pre-defined hosts from the mobile would be sweet.

Mods, devs: any word?

Sorry if I missed an obvious link to the latest apk; there seem to be several threads and webpages which link to downloads and they each have different information and versions on them. A bit confusing.

Thanks for the link. I had only been able to locate .17.

For the developers:

How hard would it be to modify this for the ASTEROID Smart car stereo. This stereo runs on Android 2.3. It has no camera, so it wouldn't need the photo backup feature and it doesn't have a large resolution, I think it's 600x480.

They do not include access to the Google Play Store, but have their own market called ASTEROID Market.

https://www.parrotasteroid.com/asteroidmarket/

https://devzone.parrot.com/

It would be awesome if a customized version would appear in this market. One that might be able to schedule a system sync at night until a time period has passed or until complete, whichever occurs first. You might even be able to get them to send you a free unit to test on as this would be a big deal app for them to have in their market.