Sync Never Completes Even Though All Files Match

d4manek

I am performing a read-only sync between two Windows 7 computers and the source computer always says there are 98.0 MB to transfer while the destination computer claims that the folder is completely synced.

I have manually compared these folders (including hidden and system files) and all of the files are perfectly identical. I have tried to restart BitTorrent Sync on both sides and have removed/added the sync folders several times, but no matter what I do the status on the source computer always reads that there are 98.0 MB to transfer.

I have also turned on the debug logging and looked for errors in the log files, but there are none.

What could cause this and is there any way to tell which files BitTorrent Sync thinks it needs to transfer?

I have a similar problem. Even after all files are synced, BTsync will continue transmitting 10MB/sec forever!

I am syncing photo directories (~18GB total) between a client (OS X 10.8.4, BTsync 1.1.48) and a Synology RS812+ server (DSM 4.2-3211, BTsync 1.1.48-1). The files will synchronize correctly in an appropriate amount of time at an average speed of approx. 10MB/sec (near line speed). However, even after all files are synced, the transmission continues at ~10MB/sec indefinitely without any disk reads or writes on either the client or server machines - the data is apparently being sent to /dev/null.

The "Transfers" tab in the client BTsync console indicates changing and ongoing data transmission in the "Up" & "Down" columns, but the filenames never change. I would think that this might indicate that the same few files are constantly being written over and over again, except for the absence of disk read/write access.

I had this same problem under earlier version of BTsync and was forced to stop using it, hoping it would be solved in later releases. This problem obviously makes BTsync unusable. I hope someone here can help solve it.

• 2 months later...

Same issue on 3 syncing linux machines : Freenas server, QNAP TS-412, Ubuntu server 13.04

I'm syncing my video files via bittorrent sync. About 6TB.

I think I actually fixed the issue, but still not sure. Syncing is slow and uses 3-5 % of network capacity.

What helps is splitting up the folders in different sync entries in the webui.

I had to run this line on my Freenas (which is the main server, the others do read-only sync):

find /mnt/raid6/video/ -name ".Sync*" -exec chown btsync:nogroup {} \;

... since somehow I had done a chown nobody:nogroup on everything.

The btsync user could no longer access the .Sync* folders and files, but no warning is given UNLESS you have ZERO files already synced in that folder. Yes you better read that again :-)

If zero files and folders are synced and btsync is trying to index, you get the warning (in even worse English than mine) :

"Don't have permissions to write to the selected folder."

• 7 months later...

I have the same issue, all clients are 1.3.x. My mac client pops up an alert saying it finished syncing, but my Synology NAS says it is still download 32B from the Mac (and it has been like that for days). I have checked all the permissions, complete deleted & recreated the folders on both computers to no avail. I can change the number it is stuck on by moving/removing files, but I can never get this to go away on the NAS Web UI. Permissions seem to be ok; btsync:users are the user/group for everything.

Anyone know what this is or how to fix it?

Edited by buffal0

• 2 weeks later...

I am performing a read-only sync between two Windows 7 computers and the source computer always says there are 98.0 MB to transfer while the destination computer claims that the folder is completely synced.

I have manually compared these folders (including hidden and system files) and all of the files are perfectly identical. I have tried to restart BitTorrent Sync on both sides and have removed/added the sync folders several times, but no matter what I do the status on the source computer always reads that there are 98.0 MB to transfer.

I have also turned on the debug logging and looked for errors in the log files, but there are none.

What could cause this and is there any way to tell which files BitTorrent Sync thinks it needs to transfer?

I also have the same problem on two Windows 7 computers.

There are still some files, which are shown to be downloaded or uploaded.

Could be possible to have this bug fixed?

Edited by klor