Manage your passwords - Control your data

Dantounet

I have been using https://lastpass.com/ for while. The issue is that the data is kept on their server and we know that it is difficult to trust US data centers.

I am now using 1Password ( https://agilebits.com/onepassword) with BTsync.

1Password allows you to choose where you locally store your passwords. You just need to add such folder to BitTorrent Sync. I now share my passwords between my two desktops (WinXP/Mac OS X) and my android phone securely as the data is kept only on my machines.

+1 For using KeePass for the same functionality. I'm not that familiar with 1Password, it may have the same options, but I really like the versatility a lot of the KeePass plugins give you - for instance opening a password database over the Internet via WebDAV from a portable app. it also gives you great merge functionality of you're editing the database on separate devices.

I had the same idea. Using BTsync to sync my password databases like this.

Desktop PC (Home) --> Smartphone (iPhone) --> Desktop PC (Work)

The smartphone allows me to turn off my home pc, while still being synced.

The only problem is, that the smartphone app "MiniKeePass" (KeePass for Smartphones) can't find my synced folder on the iPhone.

It would be great, if any one has a solution for this issue!

BTsync is perfect for everyone who doesn't want to save his secure data in cloud storage :)!

EDIT:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found the solution myself. Just open the mobile btsync app, tap and hold the database and select open in MiniKeePass. Sometimes the solution is so simple. Only thing, that could be improved is the fact, that "MiniKeePass" will not automatically use the newest database from btsync.

If you change the database on your desktop, btsync mobile will sync it. After that you have to export the database from btsync mobile to MiniKeePass again.

But i can life with that ;)

Cheers.

• 3 months later...

EDIT:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found the solution myself. Just open the mobile btsync app, tap and hold the database and select open in MiniKeePass. Sometimes the solution is so simple. Only thing, that could be improved is the fact, that "MiniKeePass" will not automatically use the newest database from btsync.

If you change the database on your desktop, btsync mobile will sync it. After that you have to export the database from btsync mobile to MiniKeePass again.

What if you modify database in MiniKeePass ?

How do you sync it then ?

I use normal keypass on my PC from a bit torrent sync folder stored on my raspberry pi over the network.

For mobile access I use - android.

http://keepass2android.codeplex.com

This has a great option to open / save via ftp server. My raspberry pi has an ftp server sharing an sync folder and all works great.

Change in PC and mobile picks up and the other way round.

Best part all is free and secure.

Rich

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk