Imnotatroll

Speeds drop after ~60GB uploaded

BitTorrent Sync 1.1.48 both clients on Windows (XP and Server 2008 R2).

I have set it to back up my music collection one way to the internet.

The total collection is 90GB in multiple folders, and many files (tens of thousands).

After about 60GB uploaded (or 3 days of 24/7 uploading), the speed drops to 20KB/s, and NEVER goes higher.

This is not my ISP throttling because restarting the client causes the speed to go back to maximum.

If my ISP were throttling, the speed should continue to be slow after restarting the client, however this is not the case. It immediately goes to maximum speed and stays there (presumably until it craps out again).

The server is more than capable of handling my upload speed from my home. The server is capable of 1 Gbps.

I restarted only one client; the one on Server 2008 R2.

So something is happening to cause the speed to slow down after some time. :)

Interesting!

It started to slow to 20KB/s again. I had the download limit set to 200KB/s.

It seems the download limit throttle is incorrect and at some point limits to 20KB/s.

Please look into the download throttle setting!

Hello. Newbie experiencing a very similar issue, mine are all downloading slowly-like after a week my current 339.2 video stopped along the way and currently halted at 85%. Download speed vacillating between 1.7 and 2.3 kB/s. FAR less computer conversant than are you, I wonder whether you have located a bug or software conflict to resolve. :huh: I downloaded merrily along for months until this glitch stopped me.