BitTorrent Sync for iOS Bug reports and feature requests

raygan

@robson.sobral

We already got that request in Feature Requests forum and plan to implement in future. Note, that it is possible to remove all the files in a single folder in 1.4 (tap the three dots menu, tap "Select" tap the checkbox icon in upper right corner then tap "Remove".

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

I just installed BitTorrent Sync today.

I've installed it on my iPhone and Mac mini so far.

First thing I wanted to get working was the Camera backup, which was easy to set up, unfortunately it's not working right. 

The sync seems to be working, but there seems to be a problem with the discovery-part on the iPhone itself.

In the Photo-app it tells me that I have 977 photos/videos on my device. These take 2.3 GB of storage.

In BT Sync it says that I have 185 files, worth 1.5 GB of storage.

What exactly is BT Sync looking at when finding photos? 

I'm on iOS 8.1.2 and using the new iCloud Photo Library (Beta).

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

1.- In iOS 8 the "background update" not use (in list of application btsync not appears), i think the app don't use this feature.

2.- The camera roll backup only copy photos and videos from iOS to another device, if delete videos and photos from my camera roll, not delete from device of backup, result is many trash photos deleted from iOS in the backup device.

The point 1 it's very important (caroussel from dropbox works with iOS 8 background)

@yeahhh

1. Sync 2.0 does not support background Sync yet.

2. It is by design. Just in case you delete pics on your phone accidentally, they still stay in backup.

Actually the sync not delete a photos in destination server (not a real sync) its only a copy/paste.

• 2 months later...

Hi there!

It seems I am unable to link my iPhone to an existing install of Bittorrent Sync on my Mac. Whenever I try to scan the QR code, that app "sumbits the scanned code" as soon as the screen appears in the phone's camera view, but before the QR code actually comes into view. That attempt fails (which seems logical as the QR code isn't actually scanned) and subsequent attempts are submitted even faster, not even waiting for the camera to get anything relevant into view.

For what it's worth, I've tried some different brightness settings of my display, though I don't really expect that should matter.
Thanks for any help!

Kind regards,
Andra

iPhone 5S
iOS 8.3 (12F70)
Bittorrent Sync Version 2.0.27

OSX 10.10.3 (14D136)
Bittorrent Sync Version 2.0.105

@Andra

Do I understand correctly that QR code scanner closes as soon as you open it even if you do not point to QR code? Are you able to see anything in QR code scanner (cam output) or it does not show?

Also, when scanner closes, does app exits completely or it leaves to main view?

• 2 weeks later...

@kramb0l

Its barely usable if you browse files in landscape mode. Although, we'll consider implementing landscape for photo browser. Thumbnails are already in feature requests.

Yes, I get that, but not everyone is using it for documents only :) I have around 30.000 photo's that I wan't to be able to acces from my mobile. And as you can guess, for browsing photos, landscape mode (and thumbnails) would be very welcome. I can't be the only one.

• 2 weeks later...

@Andra

Do I understand correctly that QR code scanner closes as soon as you open it even if you do not point to QR code? Are you able to see anything in QR code scanner (cam output) or it does not show?

Also, when scanner closes, does app exits completely or it leaves to main view?

Apologies for my late reaction. It turns out the problem isn't restricted to the QR scanner (although its behaviour still isn't what you'd expect). I haven't been able to link either my iPhone or my girlfriend's Windows Phone using either the QR scanner or manually entering the key. In the latter case the iOS app says the both devices are already connected to a user identity, while the iPhone clearly isn't.

I'm not sure how to move forward from here.

• 2 weeks later...