Slow sync between UK server and OVH (French) server

iziizi

I have a server in London with 1Gbit/s connection and one in France with 200mbit/s connection.

I am transferring ~300GB of files and only getting ~100 kB/s from the UK server to the OVH server.

Now I know it is the French server that is the problem, because I am also syncing to my home server @ 3.3 MB/s from the UK server.

How do I go about finding out why the French connection to the UK server is so slow? All settings are defaults.

Thanks.

Now I know it is the French server that is the problem, because I am also syncing to my home server @ 3.3 MB/s from the UK server.

How do I go about finding out why the French connection to the UK server is so slow? All settings are defaults.

This is somewhat off-topic as it isn't really a problem with Sync, rather an issue with your servers/connections.

BTsync uses the torrent protocol, maybe there are some limitations regarding P2P traffic on the french side? Maybe try to set up a VPN/SSH portfw on the French server and see if it improves the speed.

Thanks I suppose this is a last resort.

This is somewhat off-topic as it isn't really a problem with Sync, rather an issue with your servers/connections.

I am having issues with slow sync speeds, hardly see how its off-topic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I have a server in London with 1Gbit/s connection and one in France with 200mbit/s connection.

I am transferring ~300GB of files and only getting ~100 kB/s from the UK server to the OVH server.

Thanks.

Have you solved your problem? I also have problems of slowness from a server Kimsufi on OVH. Maximum 1MB/s upload.

@drego85

What is the bandwidth? Average file size? Also, have you tried to disable "low_hdd_priority" setting to ensure HDD sharing is not a bottleneck?

The bandwidth is 100 Mb/s, usually I transfer the ISO of BackBox Linux (they are a team member). So files from 700Mb to 2Gb.

I never tried to change the value of "low_hdd_priority", I try and I'll know.

Thank you

• 2 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 8/31/2013 at 4:50 PM, stim said:

FWIW I have one of those cheap atom servers from OVH and I've had no problems running BTSync on it since last week. No speed issues.

Hi

Sorry for the OT: could you please say me which firewall ports you opened to achieve a good resilio-sync btween your OVH (kimsufi, I presume) machines?
Private message would be ok too :-)
Thanks