mobile sync via 3G network

With the mobile app (iphone for instance), can I sync with my other peers using the 3G network ?

When I'm on the same LAN (wifi) every thing works fine.

But, when using the 3G, the mobile app is unable to connect to other peers.

Is there a "predefined hosts" options on the mobile app ?

Any help ?

Thanks.

PS: My server at home run 24/7. I've a dynamic IP address, but I update a DNS record with noip.com

Port 3000 and xxxx (listening port) are forwared by my router to my server.

Yes, you can sync using the 3G network. Please go to Settings in BitTorrent Sync application and make sure that "Use Cellular Data" is on.

If it doesn't help please send us the logs. (Go to Settings->"Send Feedback" and then agree to add logs to you feedback).

There is no "predefined hosts" option in BitTorrent Sync iOS now, but we will add it in the future releases.

If devices are in the same local network they can find each other by sending local broadcasts.

Also we have a special tracker that helps devices to be connected if they are in different networks. Also DHT can help your devices to find each other. And you can manually enter ip:port of each device and they will be connected directly.

All these settings your can configure in the folder preferences.

Unfortunately there is no such settings in iOS app now, but we will add them in future releases very soon.