Hide .!sync files

jameshaven

I have been trying out bitTorrent sync as a live always on offsite backup service, but just found out users are seeing .!sync files and not knowing what they are start deleting them. I would suggest that maybe you consider making them a hidden file so people will not see them at all.

I'm also curious how bitTorrent sync handles this situation. Does the file just get backed up later or is it skipped.

Hello,

i'm using bittorrent sync, and with lightroom, i have some !sync files.

When we use lightroom, some temp files are created, and delete when lightroom is closed.

It seems that bittorrent can't syncrhonize thes temp files, but i'm not sure.

So qhat are these !sync files, and what to do with those ? Do i have to delete them, but you say no ?

Regarding this matter, I suggest to consider following option to address this. By a default upon installation all sync specific files should be manipulated and kept as hidden. Advanced option menu should also get new option to display !sync files as not hidden. Same could be added to .syncingore, archive but only when such usefulness is determined.