Android shows non-existent file still syncing under "All Files"

JimmyTheSaint

Apparently, sync problems arise if you re-name the same file too many times, before it's done syncing each name change. One problem I've seen on my Android devices is that the file shows as still syncing under its old name under the "All Files" tab, not under the "On Device" tab. Of course, it never completes syncing and can't be manually downloaded because the file doesn't exist--it just continues to be listed with the download progress bar stuck at zero progress. What's the best way to clear this situation?

When the problem arises, it's only on my Androids and none of my other devices displays a problem as far as I can tell. The Androids show as fully synced in the BTS control panel on the other devices. Once, the only way I could find to clear it was to unlink and delete that folder on all devices and sync again, which was fine because it was a small folder, but that's rarely a practical solution. Another time, I discovered a corresponding orphan.!sync file on one of my Windows boxes. Deleting the .!sync file didn't enable my Androids to clear the bad entry. Recreating the ghost file on Windows did allow Android to sync it, and then I was able to delete it on Windows and the deletion synced properly on all devices. But is there some way to directly clear a ghost file under the "All Files" tab from within Android? I look though BTS's hidden files, but I don't get a clue.

• 1 month later...

Same problem here, except

1- deleting the folder completely, and re-adding a fresh one to btsync does not fix the problem: It seem that the memory of the non-existent file is kept somewhere else on the device (where?).

2-My files have incredibly long names, which make their manual re-creation (to be able to delete them cleanly) is almost impossible.

3- I cannot see any .!sync file on any of the connected device.

Any idea?

thx!

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...