Deleted files reappear!

coldcut

seahill

Could you please also:

1) Share usage scenario (which data is synced? Any specific app is changing data in sync folders?)

2) Is there a possibility to turn on full debug logging to catch the issue so we can see how (and hopefully why) it happens in the logs? If yes, we'll need a filename / folder name that was mistakingly restored.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have the same issue and have collected debug logs from both the source and destination PC. Where do I send the logs?

Usage scenario:

1 x Windows 7 64bit machine (PC1) and 1 x Windows 2012 R2 server (PC2)

Bitorrent Sync 1.3.94 on both systems

PC1 and PC2 are in sync.

Shut down PC2

Delete some files on PC1 (using Windows Explorer)

When PC2 boots up and Bitorrent Sync is running, it puts the files back on PC1.

No other apps are running that would modify the files

Cheers

• 1 month later...

I got it working in the end... turns out I had to configure BT Sync to "Run as Administrator". Then it had access to delete the files on one host that were deleted on other hosts.

Maybe BT Sync should behave differently? It could prompt the user or say its got insufficient rights, instead of putting back previously deleted files?

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem. It's EXTREMELY annoying.

Mind you I can not change the time on the Windoze laptop provided to me by our medieval IT department. But even changing my always synced Apple to their wrong time does not solve the problem. Al privileges are checked and in order.

You might want to check the code for FreeFileSync. This is syncing correctly.

@sinmantky, @basovink,

Would love to help, could you please provide the following information: 

1) Share usage scenario (which data is synced? Any specific app is changing data in sync folders?)

2) Is there a possibility to turn on full debug logging and send them to syncapp@bittorrent.com to catch the issue so we can see how (and hopefully why) it happens in the logs? If yes, we'll need a filename / folder name that was mistakingly restored.

• 5 months later...
Do this thread is solved?

If deleting depends on the date it is completely useless while i'm frequently travelling between two time zones. But form now I can not do away with a series of folders with files.

I have 1.4.103 Beta on 3 PCs and unknown version on NAS