bittorrentomane

Can't get sync to work outside of LAN

Hi,

I set up btsync on a server at home and on my Laptop. As long as they are both on the same LAN, they sync happily. But when I use my Laptop somewhere else, e.g. university, they don't find each other.

I set both machines to the same listening port, which is forwared in my router at home. I enabled relay & tracker server and added the dyndns-domain of my server to my Laptops pre-defined hosts.

Still, nothing works. The log of both machines is just full of "Sending broadcast ping for share xxx", every now and then "Got 3 tracker ips" (the same ips on both machines, btw) and some "Requesting peers from server".

Any ideas what I might be missing?

Have you tried it from somewhere else than university? Some universities block torrent traffic by default, which might apply to yours as well.

Sorry to bump in but i seem to have the same problem exactly is there anything i can do to get btsync to work in my university?

since i am staff there is there anything the administrator can do to help me?

at my office we had to open a specific port then put everyone on that port. once we did that everything worked great

BTsync installs with a random port so they may all be blocked by default