Plan to allow parent-/sub-folders already sync'd to exist on a separate secret?

chrsmrrtt

To try and fully explain the topic title... When considering the following folder structure:

• Parent Folder
    • Child Folder 1
    • Child Folder 2

...and assuming that Parent Folder is already a sync'd folder, will it ever be possible to share just, say, Child Folder 1 with someone whom I don't want to have access to Parent Folder and Child Folder 2 via a different secret?

At the moment we are warned that it is part of a folder that is already synching (or we are warned that it contains a folder which is already synching if you were to attempt to share Parent Folder after Child Folder 1 was already a synch'd folder)

I ask "Will it ever be possible" because it may be by design - for technical or paradigm reasons - that it will not be. Alternatively maybe it's on the roadmap for the future.

• 2 weeks later...

I ask "Will it ever be possible" because it may be by design - for technical or paradigm reasons - that it will not be. Alternatively maybe it's on the roadmap for the future.

There are a whole host of technical reasons why this hasn't been implemented - the most notable is that it could lead to files/folder structures being duplicated ad infinitum - Please see this post

The only real workaround at present is to setup individual syncs on each sub-folder, instead of a single sync on the parent folder.

This will allow you to selectively share different sub-folders to different devices, or to sync the entire "parent" folder, you would just sync each sub-folder within to your other devices