BTSync does not run on Sheevaplug

knireis

BTSync does not run on my Sheevaplug running debian wheezy. I use Tuxpoldo's package. It installs fine but won't run.

Troubleshooting gives:

root@lisse:~# /usr/lib/btsync/btsync-daemon --nodaemon --config /etc/btsync/user.sierink.conf; echo "Return value: $?"Alignment errorReturn value: 1

According to Tuxpoldo this is due to an incompatible CPU.

Cpu info:

root@lisse:~# cat /proc/cpuinfoprocessor       : 0model name      : Feroceon 88FR131 rev 1 (v5l)BogoMIPS        : 1191.11Features        : swp half thumb fastmult edspCPU implementer : 0x56CPU architecture: 5TECPU variant     : 0x2CPU part        : 0x131CPU revision    : 1Hardware        : Marvell SheevaPlug Reference BoardRevision        : 0000Serial          : 0000000000000000

Any change of fixing this?

Yes, it works, thanks

Is this a one time thing or is it needed after a reboot?

Unfortunately this has to be set at every reboot. That's the reason why I'm thinking about creating a possibility to set it also directly on btsync startup. But as a workaround if you are using the btsync server packages, you can add the line to the /etc/default/btsync configuration file:

`which sudo` echo >> /etc/default/btsync`which sudo` echo 'echo 2 > /proc/cpu/alignment' >> /etc/default/btsync

There are nome interesting articles about the alignment problem:

Hi Vadim,

one question: do you think I should include a check for the alignment and automatically fix it in my deployment scripts or do you think this will have some side effects?

It may affect the performance of the other applications in the system. Not sure that it's good idea.

Thanks!