Call For Translators For Linux Btsync And Btsync-Gui Packages

tuxpoldo

In fact, I'm also working on the spanish translation. But I've a doubt: how you define Instance, what's their meaning when you use it? It's like user os something similar?

First of all, thank you!

What is an Instance? An Instance is one btsync process running with a specific configuration. With the btsync package, you are able to define one or more configuration files. Every configuration file results in a specific btsync process running with the parameters specified into his configuration file.

The new version 1.2.67 has been released and I'm planning to add debconf support for all the new advanced configuration parameters. I already added the new strings to the translation project.

It would be really nice, if you find some minutes to visit the PO Editor btsync-deb project and add the missing strings of your favourite language. Many thanks for your help!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The localisation of btsync-gui has started! If you want to contribute, please follow this link: https://poeditor.com/join/project?hash=447194402f4913165d4ae5f2fc60ffca

Since I'm both native speaker for German and Italian, I can create both localisations without any help, but contributions for any other language will be highly appreciated. Future translators should know that there are two good sources to take into account when contributing:

• BitTorrent Sync on Windows or Mac is a good source, since the GUI is extremely similar.
  • Also the server packages for BitTorrent Sync are a good source, since many volunteers have contributed in localising many strings regarding the internal settings. 

If you miss your preferred language, please leave a short notice.

Is there anybody out there willing to finalize the Russian translation of the GUI?

All strings on POEditor have been pre-translated by the automatic translation but obviously this is not really usable. Additionally lot of strings can be directly taken from the Windows/Mac version in order to stay consistent.

In addition Polish and Hungarian are still not covered. Any volunteers? You will earn glory and appreciation from anybody in that countries!

• 2 weeks later...

BTW: I'm updating the server package to support the new advanced settings provided by BitTorrent Sync 1.3 with debconf and obviously there are some new strings to translate. It would be really nice, to get some new contributors in order to speed up this process. Basically I can release immediately, but I would like to wait a few hours to see if someone translates the missing strings.

If you like, take a look at the project page!

Thank you all!

Could you please add me back to project btsync-deb? I was confused of new Poeditor ui and signout from the translation.

Done. Thank you a lot for your help! The new UI of POeditor is really ugly, don't you think? I have told them about my feelings ;)