This folder cannot be added to BitTorrent Sync. It contains a folder that is already syncing.

fscheps

Hi! 

I love the idea of what BitTorrent Sync represents and I`ve been testing it for a while now. 

I am starting to sync some folder in my PC with some family members. 

To explain the problem let me use the following example:

I have a folder called: "Pictures" and I have inside that folders several other folders for example "Canada" and "Europe".

I shared the folder "Europe" with my uncle, and today I wanted to share the folder "Pictures" with my dad. But I receive an error message: This folder cannot be added to BitTorrent Sync. It contains a folder that is already syncing.

I believe this is called Nested Folders and it seems Sync doesn't support it unfortunately :( 

I was really surprised to receive this error. Is there a workaround to prevent this from happening so I can Sync specific folders with some friends and family and root folders with other people?

Any idea when this would be natively supported by Sync?

Thanks in advance for your guidance on this!

Fernando

I have no idea what the ETA is but I did get a response from the feedback system that this is something they will support. They've been pretty darn quiet about things so I expect 1.2.x to be a big release. I really hope this is something included.

The ability to handle "Nested Shares" is unlikely to be present in Sync 1.2.

Handling "Nested Shares" is a pretty complex issue, that can cause all sorts of problems and "race conditions", and so if such support is ever to be introduced to Sync, don't expect it in time for 1.2

So... no? I was more looking for something from the developer team or someone officially attached to the project.

So... yes! (If you'd read my post): :P

"Sync 1.2, which will include a whole host of performance improvements over 1.1.x, including, most notably improved transfer speed (in some cases twice that of 1.1.x builds) and lower memory usage (in some cases half that of 1.1.x builds), and there will also be improvements to .SyncIgnore and error handling.... essentially, the focus is on improving the core of Sync first, features will come later"

You wanted information on Sync 1.2 - there it is! Further information on 1.2 has intentionally not been made public yet, and therefore, I am limited in what I'm able to share at this time, as I'd hope you can understand.

So complain about my "lack of information" all you want (but perhaps not in this thread and it's become somewhat off-topic now!), but at least you've got some information on 1.2! - so please just be patient and wait! :P - Sync 1.2 will be available to general users in the near future, and then you'll be able to see for yourself the complete changelog!

So... yes! (If you'd read my post): :P

"Sync 1.2, which will include a whole host of performance improvements over 1.1.x, including, most notably improved transfer speed (in some cases twice that of 1.1.x builds) and lower memory usage (in some cases half that of 1.1.x builds), and there will also be improvements to .SyncIgnore and error handling.... essentially, the focus is on improving the core of Sync first, features will come later"

You wanted information on Sync 1.2 - there it is! Further information on 1.2 has intentionally not been made public yet, and therefore, I am limited in what I'm able to share at this time, as I'd hope you can understand.

So complain about my "lack of information" all you want (but perhaps not in this thread and it's become somewhat off-topic now!), but at least you've got some information on 1.2! - so please just be patient and wait! :P - Sync 1.2 will be available to general users in the near future, and then you'll be able to see for yourself the complete changelog!

I did read your post and it does have information but AFAIK you're not a developer on the project and just another user posting on this forum.

If you do work on the project please PLEASE be more verbose in the updates and include that information with the software. Bug fixes? List 'em! Performance updates? List 'em! You may _think_ they're unimportant but it would have been really nice to be informed that the encryption was changed from 256-bit to 128-bit for performance sake. Instead I had to learn about it from this forum. Just be open with the changes.

If you're not officially part of the project let me be clear about my frustration. I'm not complaining about your lack of information. I'm complaining about you making it up. I want real information directly from the project.

dmason, If you wish to believe I'm "making it up", that's up to you! - but as an Alpha Tester for Sync, I've been running various 1.2 builds for the past six weeks or so. However, as the team have chosen to keep specifics about 1.2 underwraps for the time being, I'm not in a position to elaborate more than I have already on precisely what's coming in 1.2!

As for your "frustration" that changes are made to Sync without you personally being informed in advance - please do bear in mind that Sync is currently only in "beta", therefore things - sometimes significant things - can, and will change - often without notice - before Sync leaves Beta and becomes a "stable" product. If you don't like that, well, you probably shouldn't be using "beta" software!

As for your "frustration" that changes are made to Sync without you personally being informed in advance - please do bear in mind that Sync is currently only in "beta", therefore things - sometimes significant things - can, and will change - often without notice - before Sync leaves Beta and becomes a "stable" product. If you don't like that, well, you probably shouldn't be using "beta" software!

If I get those reasonable patch notes and documentation once it's out of beta I'll be pleased.