Latest 1.2.82 Build

vadimt

I'm having a problem on one of my BTSync Windows 7 machines where the client is constantly using 15% of the CPU and is just slowing the machine down. I use it on three Windows machine and only one of them is experiencing problems. It appears that the problem is that it keeps moving between all of my sync folders and reindexing them and one of the folders contains a single 2.6 GB file that is causing all of the problems. I don't have this sync folder on any of my other Windows machines which don't have this issue.

I have exactly the same problem on two Windows-7 machines. The processor is constantly loaded by 15-25% process BTSync.exe.

I'm interested in the "Selective sync" feature but I don't really have the knowledge to mess around with an API key an such.

Is this a feature that will be implemented in the future without the need for an API key?

We are planning to implement the use this feature without API in the future versions.

Thanks!

I updated my raspberry pi last night, and it is taking FOREVER to re-index.  I have one share with about 20K files in it totalling 53GB.  On my windows laptop, that share indexed in a few minutes (10?).  My pi indexed all night.  Then I stopped btsync and restarted it.  That was 11 hours ago now, and it is still indexing.  Now granted, it is not a particularly fast machine, but with previous upgrades the reindexing took maybe an hour or two.

Is there any way to tell what it is doing, how it is progressing, or when it might be done?

Could you please send debug log from your PI to sycapp@bittorrent.com?

The steps are there http://forum.bittorrent.com/topic/12658-if-you-have-syncapp-issue/

Thanks!

Android and sleeping: I like the idea of the "wake up every 30 minutes to see if there is anything to do", but I'm not sure it is working.  I have my phone set up to share my camera folder.  But I've taken pictures (while btsync is running in the background) and then waited several hours and they have not synced to my other systems.  If I then bring btsync to the foreground, it seems to wake up and send everything.

Any suggestions?  Is there anything I could send in in terms of logs that would help debug this?

Are you using "Backup" functionality or you added your camera folder as shared folder? 

Thanks!

Android and sleeping: I like the idea of the "wake up every 30 minutes to see if there is anything to do", but I'm not sure it is working.  I have my phone set up to share my camera folder.  But I've taken pictures (while btsync is running in the background) and then waited several hours and they have not synced to my other systems.  If I then bring btsync to the foreground, it seems to wake up and send everything.

Any suggestions?  Is there anything I could send in in terms of logs that would help debug this?

Also experiencing this on 2 google nexus 4 phones. both set to backup the dcim folder.

not syncing at all with my windows 8.1 machine.

Are you using "Backup" functionality or you added your camera folder as shared folder? 

Thanks!

I added it as a shared folder.  Unfortunately, it seems intermittent?  Yesterday afternoon I took picutres a couple of times and was careful not to touch btsync (which was running in the background).  When I got home, they had uploaded at what seemed like reasonable times.  I was moving in and out of wifi coverage at the time (and had mobile data turned on), so maybe network changes triggered it?  I'll be at home all day today, so will test it some more and let you know if I can figure out anything reproducable.

Could you please send debug log from your PI to sycapp@bittorrent.com?

The steps are there http://forum.bittorrent.com/topic/12658-if-you-have-syncapp-issue/

Thanks!

I will if I run into more trouble: last night I got impatient and "unshared" all the folders in my PI, removed the .Sync* files/folders, and set them back up to share again.  All the shared folders are read-only on the PI and I didn't think about the fact that it would need a source for reinitialization, so I closed my laptop.  So it only got about 1.9G (750+ pictures) indexed before I went to bed, and was stuck there all night.  I thought "Ah, a 2GB boundary issue" -- shut down btsync, set up the debug.txt for the log file, and restarted it.  Now that the laptop is up, it is humming along.  At the rate it is going, it should either be done or stuck in a couple of hours.  If it finishes, I try stoping and restarting it.  If it hangs, I'll send the end of the log file.  In any case I'll definitely let you know.

And thank you guys for a very useful program.

While I have your attention: any chance of adding "pre-defined hosts" and "don't use tracker" for the mobile app?  For folks with servers running this might be a nice option -- I'd certainly use it.

Thanks again!

I will if I run into more trouble: last night I got impatient and "unshared" all the folders in my PI, removed the .Sync* files/folders, and set them back up to share again.  All the shared folders are read-only on the PI and I didn't think about the fact that it would need a source for reinitialization, so I closed my laptop.  So it only got about 1.9G (750+ pictures) indexed before I went to bed, and was stuck there all night.  I thought "Ah, a 2GB boundary issue" -- shut down btsync, set up the debug.txt for the log file, and restarted it.  Now that the laptop is up, it is humming along.  At the rate it is going, it should either be done or stuck in a couple of hours.  If it finishes, I try stoping and restarting it.  If it hangs, I'll send the end of the log file.  In any case I'll definitely let you know.

And thank you guys for a very useful program.

While I have your attention: any chance of adding "pre-defined hosts" and "don't use tracker" for the mobile app?  For folks with servers running this might be a nice option -- I'd certainly use it.

Thanks again!

The re-initialization worked just fine.  I stopped and restarted btsync on the PI, and it re-indexed in just a few minutes.  Seems to be working fine now -- was probably related to the 1.1 -> 1.2 update somehow?

I added it as a shared folder.  Unfortunately, it seems intermittent?  Yesterday afternoon I took picutres a couple of times and was careful not to touch btsync (which was running in the background).  When I got home, they had uploaded at what seemed like reasonable times.  I was moving in and out of wifi coverage at the time (and had mobile data turned on), so maybe network changes triggered it?  I'll be at home all day today, so will test it some more and let you know if I can figure out anything reproducable.

I just mailed a detailed description and some debug logs to syncapp@bittorrent.com.  I installed the 1.2.9 app this morning, and it is still not syncing when I add files.

I am experiencing the same thing. Folders with large files just keeps getting indexed and eats CPU. It happens on 2 linux servers and 1 Windows 8.1 workstation all using v 1.2.67. I have another linux server using 1.2.67. But the folders with large files isn't there and it's not indexing 24/7. It's probably something small. I hope you find out what it is soon! Thanks

Same sh... in OSX 10.9 after upgrade to 1.2.68.

Cannot quit the process, only Force Quit works.

BTSync will wake up if "Automatic sync" is enabled in the shared folder preferences. Could you please check it?

Thanks!

I have exactly the same problem on two Windows-7 machines. The processor is constantly loaded by 15-25% process BTSync.exe.

Could you please create dump file of sync process while it uses a lot of CPU and send it to syncapp@bittorrent.com

Please run procexp.exe (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx), make right click on BitTorrent Sync process --> Create Dump --> Create Full Dump. Then attach created file to email and send us. 

Thanks!

Same sh... in OSX 10.9 after upgrade to 1.2.68.

Cannot quit the process, only Force Quit works.

Could you please create dump file of BT sync process while it hangs during quit and send it to syncapp@bittorrent.com? 

Please run Activity Monitor, select BitTorrent Sync process --> Sample Process --> Save. Then send us created dump file. 

Thanks!

Are you using the latest 1.2.9 version for Android and 1.2.68 version on desktop?

Thanks!

Yes I am. I tried uninstalling it on my windows 8.1. deleted all files in appdata, and installed it again.

Now it can't connect to anything.

Only 3 linux servers are connected to each other (also running 1.2.68) i tried installing it on a rasp pi i have at home too, but it doesn't receive any connections from anyone)

not sure what it is, but it doesn't seem like it is connecting to anything at the moment.

i tried to share folder between the 2 android phones, but even they're under the same wifi, they can't find each other.

I think, I'm also experiencing high CPU load on my Ubuntu Linux systems with 1.2.68. It was constantly showing as the number #1 process in top output.

I now downgraded to 1.1.82 and it's much better now.

I've got 26730 files in 20 GB, spread over 9 shares. It syncs with only 1 other server right now.

Could you please create dump file of sync process while it uses a lot of CPU and send it to syncapp@bittorrent.com

Please run procexp.exe (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx), make right click on BitTorrent Sync process --> Create Dump --> Create Full Dump. Then attach created file to email and send us. 

Thanks!

I write you PM.