Latest 1.2.82 Build

vadimt

I also experienced some problems with the new Android app.  One of my servers is still running 1.1.70, and one the new 1.2.67.  I have 4 shared folders on my Android, two set to auto-sync and two not.  After the update, one of my NOT auto-sync folders was fully downloaded to my phone.  Fortunately it was not the one with the 100MB of data, (only about 3MB).

Sorry no logs -- I wiped out the folder and set it up again.

Now the Android is reporting 0 devices online and not transferring anything.  I'll try to collect some log data tonight.

Just stopped and restarted the Android app, now it sees 2 devices and .... now it sees 0 again.

UPDATE: seems to be working now.  I unsync'd all folders, uninstalled btsync, removed the SyncIgnore files (SyncID were already gone), reinstalled and set up sync on all the folders again (all this on my Android).  It may or may not matter that I also updated all my other machines also, so everything is running the latest versions.

I just want to get a little bit of clarification on what "Restore modified files in read-only folder" means.

Let's say I have two servers: server1 and server2.  server1 has the folder /server1/sync, which is indexed by btsync.  It gives server2 a read-only secret, and server2 syncs to /server2/sync.  Lastly, let's say the sync folder contains a file test.txt.

Now, does this mean, if /server2/sync/test.txt gets deleted, it will be regenerated from /server1/sync/test.txt?

Thanks!

Works fine on my Windows 8.1 - but only after i've rebooted the os.

After installing 1.2 (re)indexing was horrible. The process totally slowed down the program and indexing about 70 files took 5 Minutes. (all my sync-folders contain >9000 files).

But as i said, after rebooting everything is fine :)

atm i'm syncing from my Synology DS213j (1.1.70) to my Windows 8.1 (1.2.67). Haven't tested other constellations yet...

I just want to get a little bit of clarification on what "Restore modified files in read-only folder" means.

Let's say I have two servers: server1 and server2.  server1 has the folder /server1/sync, which is indexed by btsync.  It gives server2 a read-only secret, and server2 syncs to /server2/sync.  Lastly, let's say the sync folder contains a file test.txt.

Now, does this mean, if /server2/sync/test.txt gets deleted, it will be regenerated from /server1/sync/test.txt?

Thanks!

btsyncfof, you're right.

I'm having a problem on one of my BTSync Windows 7 machines where the client is constantly using 15% of the CPU and is just slowing the machine down. I use it on three Windows machine and only one of them is experiencing problems. It appears that the problem is that it keeps moving between all of my sync folders and reindexing them and one of the folders contains a single 2.6 GB file that is causing all of the problems. I don't have this sync folder on any of my other Windows machines which don't have this issue.

I'm having a problem on one of my BTSync Windows 7 machines where the client is constantly using 15% of the CPU and is just slowing the machine down. I use it on three Windows machine and only one of them is experiencing problems. It appears that the problem is that it keeps moving between all of my sync folders and reindexing them and one of the folders contains a single 2.6 GB file that is causing all of the problems. I don't have this sync folder on any of my other Windows machines which don't have this issue.

Please contact us at syncapp@bittorrent.com and we will try to help you with solving your issue.

Thanks!

I updated my raspberry pi last night, and it is taking FOREVER to re-index.  I have one share with about 20K files in it totalling 53GB.  On my windows laptop, that share indexed in a few minutes (10?).  My pi indexed all night.  Then I stopped btsync and restarted it.  That was 11 hours ago now, and it is still indexing.  Now granted, it is not a particularly fast machine, but with previous upgrades the reindexing took maybe an hour or two.

Is there any way to tell what it is doing, how it is progressing, or when it might be done?

Android and sleeping: I like the idea of the "wake up every 30 minutes to see if there is anything to do", but I'm not sure it is working.  I have my phone set up to share my camera folder.  But I've taken pictures (while btsync is running in the background) and then waited several hours and they have not synced to my other systems.  If I then bring btsync to the foreground, it seems to wake up and send everything.

Any suggestions?  Is there anything I could send in in terms of logs that would help debug this?

I am experiencing the same thing. Folders with large files just keeps getting indexed and eats CPU. It happens on 2 linux servers and 1 Windows 8.1 workstation all using v 1.2.67. I have another linux server using 1.2.67. But the folders with large files isn't there and it's not indexing 24/7. It's probably something small. I hope you find out what it is soon! Thanks