Latest 1.2.82 Build

vadimt

Does it support nested shares? It appears I am able to create a read-write share inside my read-write shares (haven't tested if it supports having a read-only share inside a read-write one). I am assuming it has to recreate all the torrents with the new secret, so it is not as usefull as it could have been, but still a nice feature.

You will do. (this is listed as a "Known Issue" in the Documentation)

The only solution at present is to ensure that there is adequate free space on the devices you're syncing between.

I feel we should have a Know Issue thread, where all the current issues are updated and listed in the top post.

You can start from:

1. Rename file when btsync in IDLE state (no upload\download activities);

2. Rename file when btsync in ACTIVE state (downloading\uploading files);

If rename will fail at step 2, try to decrease length of file path and repeat step 2

Have the same problem: when I rename photos about one third of them are "renamed" and not uploaded again, the other are "removed" and "added" again - thus uploading them all again... what is the reason? BTS is also not so tolerant with folder name changes - have not yet figured out when it does what.

Finder refresh on OS 10.9.1. with BTS 1.2.82: sometimes the finder windows don't show new files or folders. It looks as if they were not copied, scrolling does not show them. But as soon as you change something else in the window (e.g. add another file) it is refreshed and suddenly the new file/folder is here. Does not only happen with windows which were open when the sync took place. Happens irregularly but not infrequently... Anybody else experiencing this?

You will do. (this is listed as a "Known Issue" in the Documentation)

The only solution at present is to ensure that there is adequate free space on the devices you're syncing between.

Known issues
BitTorrent Sync may handle events incorrectly in the following cases:
.!sync files are changed outside of BitTorrent Sync

no free disk space left

Took me a while to find it. I just love PDFs, I wish they could use a bigger font and upload it in PNG; would make searching and reading more fun. Does this apply for read-only nodes and encrypted-only nodes? If so isn't it a pretty big security problem?

Finder refresh on OS 10.9.1. with BTS 1.2.82: sometimes the finder windows don't show new files or folders. It looks as if they were not copied, scrolling does not show them. But as soon as you change something else in the window (e.g. add another file) it is refreshed and suddenly the new file/folder is here. Does not only happen with windows which were open when the sync took place. Happens irregularly but not infrequently... Anybody else experiencing this?

Yes, had the exact same issue: a folder was added on a remote client and wouldn't get added on my local. BTS reported the folder to be in sync, and doing an "ls" in the terminal showed the missing folder was there, but Finder simply wouldn't display it.

1.2.82 on  Beagle Bone Black with Debian 7.3 from arch=armv7l   uname -a  = linux arm 3.8.13-bone36 #1 SMP Mon Jan 13 22:00:59 UTC 2014 armv7l GNU/Linux.

On execution you get  "command not found",  indicating probable problems  finding all the libraries.   One suggested fix by cutter at http://forum.bittorrent.com/topic/8746-i-can-not-execute-syncapp-arm-on-my-nas-based-on-sl3516-cpu/#entry28830:

I got my raspberry pi working with some symlinking. That 'No such file or directory' is just terrible.

Sync is looking for all your libs in /lib, on my disto (raspbmc) they are all in /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/. Specifically ld-linux.so.3

symlink it to /lib with

sudo ln -s /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/ld-linux.so.3 /lib/ld-linux.so.3

assuming yours is in the same location as mine (use find if its not)

Then it finally worked:

pi@raspbmc:~$ ./SyncApp_arm --help
SyncApp 1.0.75

You may need to symlink some more (libc, librt, libdl, libm, libpthread). Thanks to Ivan for his help.

cheers,

I have not yet done all the work on this.   Any other suggestions?

1.2.82 on  Beagle Bone Black with Debian 7.3 from arch=armv7l   uname -a  = linux arm 3.8.13-bone36 #1 SMP Mon Jan 13 22:00:59 UTC 2014 armv7l GNU/Linux.

Apparently the suggestion in the last post worked,  which I did not realize when I made the previous post.

1.2.82 on  Beagle Bone Black with Debian 7.3  was from https://rcn-ee.net/deb/microsd/wheezy/bone-debian-7.3-2014-01-17-4gb.img.xz

Oops:   https://rcn-ee.net/deb/microsd/wheezy/bone-debian-7.3-2014-01-17-4gb.img.xz

Oops.   "https://rcn-ee.net/deb/microsd/wheezy/bone-debian-7.3-2014-01-17-4gb.img.xz"

Oops.  'https://rcn-ee.net/deb/microsd/wheezy/bone-debian-7.3-2014-01-17-4gb.img.xz'

Oops    //rcn-ee.net/deb/microsd/wheezy/bone-debian-7.3-2014-01-17-4gb.img.xz

I also use btsync on Linux, Windows and Mac. I've use different minor versions within a major version without a problem (I haven't mixed 1.1.xx with 1.2.yy). 

I downloaded 1.2.89 for Windows (the link still says 1.2.87) and it works fine with my Linux Raspberry Pi backup servers running 1.2.82.