Sign in to follow this  
erenoglu

SyncArchive & Read Only Sync

I am syncing my work related files with another PC at home for backup purpose. The other PC has a read-only copy since I do not want that copy to deviate from my copy due to this or that reason.

Today, I deleted some files by mistake from a folder (with shift-delete, bad habit!). Of course, it immediately propagated the delete to the PC. However, I was comfortable thinking that the deleted files on the remote PC copy would go to SyncArchive folder, from which I can recover them.

I found out that the SyncArchive is empty. Does this mean SyncArchive does not work for Read Only sync?

Can it be enabled with config file or maybe with a new feature?  It would be very convenient to have it for extra backup security and preventing data loss by mistake, like in my case.

Update:

It looks like this function is not working in Android version. The PC version works fine. 

So then I will ask for it as a feature quest in Android, as I use it as my backup system.