One Way Sync Not Happening

Sciamano

Hello,

I'm trying BTSync, which looks like a great idea in my eyes!

I've set up a folder to be synced between my desktop and my laptop and everything went smooth.

But then I tried to set up a one-way sync and it did not work.

Basically, I want my calibre library (it's my ebook library in case someone does not know) which resides on my desktop to be "replicated" on my laptop so that when I add a book on the desktop it will show on the laptop too.

So I opened the desktop, set up the local calibre folder as source, and copied the read only secret.

Then I went to the laptop, set up again the local calibre folder (which is intended as destination) and put the read only secret in the secret field.

Is this the correct procedure? Because if it is, it's not working: no files are being synced between the desktop and the laptop, even though there are many new files on the desktop that are not on the laptop.

Any suggestions and help appreciated.

Thanks

I have experienced the same issue :(

Can you please take a look into your history and check whether there is something like:

"Failed to download ...."?

That's what happens in my case.

I don't now why it happens and so I enabled debug logging, but I can't find a log file next to the executable in C:\Program Files\Bit Torrent Sync\ where the binary BTSync.exe resides.

Where is the log file supposed to be in Windows 7?

Sciamano: I have repeated by your steps but I don't have problem.
Could you please check folder with name "Calibre Library" on your laptop. 
Maybe this folder has the files synced from desktop but doesn't show in launched Calibre. It was in my case.
Thanks!

I have experienced the same issue :(

Can you please take a look into your history and check whether there is something like:

"Failed to download ...."?

That's what happens in my case.

I don't now why it happens and so I enabled debug logging, but I can't find a log file next to the executable in C:\Program Files\Bit Torrent Sync\ where the binary BTSync.exe resides.

Where is the log file supposed to be in Windows 7?

Thanks for reporting! 

Could you please send us debug logs from your machines? 

You need: 

Step 1. Turn on Debug Logging. 

Windows and Mac: click on BitTorrent Sync icon and select "Enable Debug Logging". 

Linux: create file debug.txt with contents of FFFF in the folder where btsync binary is located. 

Step 2. Reproduce issue. 

Please let Sync collect logs for at least 15 minutes to get enough information. 

Step 3. Attach log files to your email and send it to syncapp@bittorrent.com. 

Windows: %APPDATA%\BitTorrent Sync\sync.log 

Mac: ~/Library/Application\ Support/BitTorrent\ Sync/sync.log 

Linux: ./sync/sync.log 

Thanks!

o-awesome-o: first of all thanks for replying!

I am 100% sure the sync does not actually take place. New files that are on the desktop are not on the laptop, and I used the file manager to check this (I don't have calibre on the laptop).

Also the web interface on the desktop looks ok (it has the correct count of files) while on the laptop it says:

Folder:

/mnt/dati/eBooks/Calibre Library

Size:

0 B in 0 files

BTW, the desktop runs Windows 7, while the laptop has Linux Mint 14. 

Anyway, for debugging, I did not understand something: do I actually have to create the file debug.txt with content "FFFF" in the folder where btsync binary resides?

I've found a sync.log inside ~/.btsync (but it is 40+ MB big). Do you need this?

Ok, I will. It will need some time because the laptop is a work while the desktop is at home. Anyway I suspect there is something wrong with the read-only secret because I tried using it on my Android smartphone and even there the btsync app does not see any files.

[EDIT:] I stand corrected. It works on the phone! That means the problem lies in the Linux version. Inviato dal mio Lenovo A820 utilizzando Tapatalk