Don’T Have Permissions To Write Selected Folder On Non-Root Android

itcrowd

I use the bittorent sync program on non-root Android 4.3. The syncing is working well with version 1.2.12. 

We know that there are folders (e.g. applications are installed) on Android memory which can be read only at best and we cannot delete, modify the objects on this part with 3rd party software like BT sync. Namely the BT sync wants to create hidden folders in the synced folder (.SyncID, .SyncIgnore) and the Android doesn’t allow the access. Sure if the program can manage, collect the sync specified information elsewhere and it will do a backup of all the folders which are on the Android memory. (and then therefore we probably don't have to root our device)  ;)

Why doesn’t it work this way? Is there any reason? Could you explain, please?

Regards,

ITcrowd

I'm not sure to understand your question, but with BtSync, you shall be able to sync the files & folders in your sdcard or extsdcard as long as they are FAT32 or exFAT or NTFS formatted. You may face timestamp issues if it uses ext4. I do not think you can sync those android specific app folders, etc. the app simply won't have permission.

I'm not sure to understand your question, but with BtSync, you shall be able to sync the files & folders in your sdcard or extsdcard as long as they are FAT32 or exFAT or NTFS formatted. You may face timestamp issues if it uses ext4. I do not think you can sync those android specific app folders, etc. the app simply won't have permission.

You are right, we able to sync all in sdcard and extsdcard....

but if you check your synced folders you will see 2 hidden folders. These folders are created by BT sync. 

The android specific app folders can be read only and if the BT sync doesn't create 2 hidden folders the BT sync can do a backup app folder too. Just a theory.