Super Sloooow Sync Between Win7-64Bit And Linux Mint 14

Sciamano

Hi everyone.

I finally seem to have solved the problems with the fixed port but I'm now experiencing very very slow syncing between my two computers (laptop with Linux Mint 14 at work and Desktop with Win7 64bit at home).

I use BTSync to sync a couple of folders that contain important documents, so that I have them both at home and at the office. The sync is actually an upload from the laptop to the desktop, because I usually edit these files when I'm at work, and "backup" them to the desktop at home for both security and accessibility.

I have a 50/10 mbit connection at home and a more "normal" ADSL connection (5/1 mbit) at the office. Not so good for upload, but still plenty of bandwidth for syncing just a few small files.

Still, syncing is very slow, around 0.1 kB/s with peaks of 0.5 kB/s.

But most of all, on both computers, one sync never completes (both ends saying the laptop has to upload 222.6 kB, which never happens though). [Edit: I solved this, it was a problem cause by two files with same name under Linux. Slow sync problem still happening though.]

I can provide logs if needed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

It's basically the same that is being described here:

http://forum.bittorrent.com/topic/25216-computers-not-completing-sync-stuck-in-same-uploaddownload-amount/

The up/down indicator in the GUI shows sometimes some "movement" (0.1-0.4 kbps) but the files seem not to be transferred (shown by the fact that there is no temp file in the "target" directory).