Sync An Offline Device With A Mobile Phone Running Btsync?

humanbn

One is a raspberry pi that won't have internet access.

The other is a mobile phone that has btsync installed on it.  I want to have the Pi grab the files from the mobile phone.  Is this possible with the Pi only?  No router?

I was thinking of setting up the Pi as an AP, and connecting the phone to it.  Doesn't seem like BTsync will pass anything to it though.

Any ideas how this could work?  The Pi basically is somewhere where Internet isn't available.  I want to bring my mobile phone to the Pi and have it sync up the files automagically.

Thanks for any ideas!

Any think this solution will work?  My Pi is on order, so haven't tried it yet:  http://sirlagz.net/2012/08/09/how-to-use-the-raspberry-pi-as-a-wireless-access-pointrouter-part-1/

It seems to me something is going to have to act as a router. In that case, you'd need a WiFi adapter for the Raspberry Pi. And then, is there a software router app for the phone? Or, if you set up your phone as a WiFi portable hotspot, is there some way the phone can be seen as a client with its own local ip that the Raspberry Pi can download from using something like AirDroid? Somehow, I doubt these things are possible, but perhaps there's something here worth looking into.

Yes the Raspberry Pi will have a wifi adapter.  I believe I can turn the Pi into a Wifi Router itself also.  The phone would connect to the Pi Wifi Router.  As long as the Pi and Phone both have local IPs on the same network, can they not work with BT Sync even without access to the Internet?

As long as the Pi and Phone both have local IPs on the same network, can they not work with BT Sync even without access to the Internet?

BTsync does not rely on internet access, if all you want is a LAN-only sync. However, devices need to be on the same subnet, e.g. 10.1.2.1 and 10.1.2.2 etc ...