Btsync Not Fully Indexing

ilsniz

Hi,

I have successfully setup btsync on one directory, and this has completely indexed and synced with no issues.

However, for whatever reason, the second directory I have tried to add is only partially indexing - of 90 subfolders, only 9 are actually picked up by btsync.

I have checked, and permissions are identical, and there is nothing in .syncignore that should be causing this.

The file count is high due to lots of small text files - indexing stops at 7000-ish (those 9 folders with way more to go) and then reports that it is complete.

The only thing the log tells me is 'Loaded folder...' - no errors reported or anything.

Is there some kind of folder level limit, or file count limit causing this?

Where can I go from here?

thanks,

Ils

• 1 month later...

Same problem for me.

I'm evaluating btsync for backing up my home dir to a NAS (Synology) and also have the problem that btsync only sees part of all files.

On my MBP (OSX 10.9.1) running btsync 1.2.82 I have these file counts:

- Running `find . -type f | wc -l` in my home folder tells me that I have 468700 files (including <10K .SyncIgnored files)

- The "Folders" tab of the btsync GUI tells me that my home folder has 181901 files

- Running `find . -type f | wc -l` in the target dir on my NAS yields 188547 (including about 6K in `.SyncArchive`)

So the problem appears to be on the source machine, where btsync doesn't see all files.

Unfortunately this is a SERIOUS problem, since it renders btsync practically unusable as a backup solution.

Failing silently in this area is dangerous...

I hope this can be rectified quickly.

Cheers,

Frank

Archived