argitoth

Changing Name Of Folder Caused Files To Be Put In .syncarchive

Recommended Posts

A's computer's bittorrernt sync might have been off or paused.

 

B's computer changed the name of the folder, not all files were done syncing.

 

A's computer put files into .SyncArchive, probably any the files that didn't exist on B's.

 

This is a bug.

 

I want to be able to change a folder name even if the files in that folder are not synced on both computers. Bittorrent should be smart enough for this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've tested the scenario you describe between 2 Win 7 computers running BTS 1.2.82. It works perfectly without any data transfer or files put into .SyncArchive. When computer B wakes up, the renaming is accomplished correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are both of your computers running with full control keys?

If so, then the distinction between "computer a" and "computer b" isn't important, as both computers are considered equal if they both have full control keys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just did a batch renamed files after sync was 100% finished. Then a bunch of "removed file" history started showing up. On the other computer, lots of files were put into .syncharchive and files are being transferred all over again it seems.

 

Once again bittorrent sync has failed to translate renaming.

 

I'm dealing with close to 8000 files by the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just tested this again in a more limited way than you: 20 folders, within another folder, each folder containing several files. It was fully successful.

 

BTS 1.2.82 

Win 7 current MS patches

 

I added the folders to the main folder and after sync started, I put one machine to sleep.

I began renaming folders. I renamed 4 sub folders and the top folder.

I waited until BTS had lost the sleeping device in the Devices tab.

I woke up the second computer.

Files completed sync, folders were correctly renamed and nothing was in .syncarchive.

 

(I have had problems with getting a successful sync on a much larger folder - 25 GB, 15K files. I eventually removed the sync, did chkdsk on both computers, recopied the files from one (known good) source to the second machine, made sure .syncignore was the same, reestablished sync and it has all been good. I had initially synced these with an earlier release of BTS, without a clean copy beforehand. I'm not sure what was not working but it has all settled down now - across 4 machines with various sleep and awake times.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.