gerod

I Lose Changes On Files (Word, Excel) When Btsync Is Syncing

Hallo to all the community.

I'm a newbie. I live in Venice and I use BT Sync on my macs.

I have a problem when I use word and excel and sync is ON.

When I save the file (for example a word file) and close it and the reopen, it didn't have the last changes.

I explain.

I have 2 macs. The laptop (Mountain Lion) is the master, iMac (Mavericks) is the slave (folders and file read only - Laptop --> iMac).

I work only on my laptop.

The problem happened 3 times for different file and only with BTsync syncing.

I'm working on a word file, sync ON, and I save it several time (autosave every 5 min + file backup on the same folder). At 9:40 I saved for the last time the file and saved as PDF. I close it and a went to the folder to open the pdf: it disappeared!

I noticed that the word file was saved, for the last time, at 8:56 but I saved it at 9:40.

I noticed that the file saved at 8:56 is the same in the iMac folder.

I have lost all the changes done and I need to make all the changes from the original file.

I don't understand why.

I'm using 1.2.82 version for OSx.

Thanks.

Roberto

This is a known issue, replacing files with old versions. Probably you will find the new ones in the .SynArchive folder on the IMac.

A good workaround is to "Save As" with a new filename until this behavior is fixed in a future version.

It seems that your file was not saved successfully. My experience may be helpful to others who have the same problem. I didn't save the Excel file before closing it, and the recent file didn't help me find it. I had to look for other methods, and finally I restored Excel to a previous version and retrieve unsaved Excel.

Hello jocko, if I put this link on other irrelevant pages, you have reason to accuse me of being a spamer. However, can you insert your finger into your nostrils and swear that there is no useful method for this post in the link I mentioned?