Sync Stops At 13.5 Gig On 19.7 Gig Folder When Adding

pagesx5

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the reply.  I have plenty of room on my drive and all the files are closed.  It always stops at the same place.  I've read of others having similar problems but I've not heard of any concrete solution.  By chance do you have any other ideas?

Thanks again,

Chris 

Hi Chris,

Can you please check if your sync folder contains any non-accessible sub-folders for your current user (for example, on Windows drive - System Volume Information folder)? If yes - this could be the reason (it is a known issue for the latest available build, 1.2.82 and is fixed in future version).

If you don't have any non-accessible folders, can you please provide me debug logs from both computers for analysis? Here is a topic which describes how to collect debug logs.

Thanks,

RomanZ.

Thank you for taking the time to help me. I feel like an idiot, I had seen the steps to collect the debug files but I could find any syncapp icon.  What I see when I click on the btsync.exe file in my download folder the BitTorrent Sync 1.2.82 box with the 5 tabs across the top (folders, devices, transfers, history and preferences) and the add or remove sync folder at the bottom.  It doesn't install a program per se. Where do I enable debugging from what I'm looking at. I don't see that as an option.

Thank you again for trying to help.

pagesx5,

Maybe a description is a bit vague. When BTSync is running on PC / Mac, it shows itself in a system tray (small icon to the bottom right for Windows and to the top right of screen for Mac). If you right-click on it - you'll see a popup menu, where you can enable logging.

I just emailed you the log file.  FYI, this is the log file from the host computer where I was trying to add a new sync folder. This is where my problem is.  The process hangs up part way through.  I never tried syncing to it from my laptop yet.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thank you very much for helping.

Chris