Sync Problems

abc123

Hi, 

Im sync'ing files to an offsite location. 

I have updated the local folder, (adding some brand new .Doc files) however the offsite location isn't sync'ing. It says last sync 8.1.14.

Any reason why the Offsite folder isn't syncing? Should it not just automatically pick up that there has been changes made and replicate them?

Thanks, 

5 days is far too long, that is not normal. Have you checked, that both BTsync instances are connected? Take a look at the BTsync Devices in the desktop app or web UI. If they do not list the other side's BTsync instance name, then you have a connection issue. If you have however a connection, another area to look at would be the history tab on your local computer and see if your .doc has been added/updated.

The Connection is ok, they are both seeing each other. 

Just checked the history Tab and its not showing up in there. 

On the Local computer it is still saying "sync'd 08/1/14". So it looks as though it has just stopped scanning for changes on the local/host computer. Or it just hasnt picked it up. 

Any ideas what i could look at here?

Hi abc123,

Can you please check that the user running BTSync on your WinServer 2003 has enough permissions to write received files to the folder you choose?

If it does, can you please provide me debugging logs for analysis from both locations? Here is the topic describing how to get them.

Thanks!

Hi, thanks for your help,

just a wee update on where i'm at with this. 

The Logs were huge and whenever i tried to zip them it crashed. 

We currently have 4 large syncs running simultaneously to the same server. This making the Log files huge. So i have paused all other syncs (apart from the one we are specifically having problems with) 

I will let this sync run for a few hours, take the log file, zip it and send it on to you. 

abc123,

I see a message indicating that BTSync get blocked by windows firewall. It could happen due to one of next reasons:

​1. You did not install the application, but copied it instead (During installation procedure we ask Windows Firewall to let us open a port for listening).

2. During BTSync installation you unchecked the box "Add exception to Windows Firewall" or refused to do it in case if Windows asked.

Most likely this is the reason why you can't receive files from other peers. You can reinstall application or add exception in Windows Firewall manually.

abc123,

There might be another reason for getting stuck for the sync. Didn't you rename the files by changing only the case, or - is there a chance that the same files on different peers might have a filename in different case?

It can stop the sync as well. It is a known issue which will be fixed in new release, but still present in 1.2.82