Syncing Problem - Mac Server Sending, Not Receiving

FDW

We are using BitTorrent Sync to keep ensure that we have the latest files on our laptops when we work remotely.

When we upload a file to the Mac server it is sent to our laptop but when we save a file to our laptop it is not updated to the server. I've checked all the obvious...they can see each other, I'm using the full access secret...any ideas? Do I need to change any settings on my router, server or laptop?

Please help and if I need to make any changes, can I have an idiots guide!

Thanks in advance.

It seems the user running BTsync on your server does not have permission to write files to the folder you share. When you and the other users save files, then you have the necessary permissions. You could try and add the BTsync user to the group that you and the others use to access the server with and/or change the permissions on the folder itself.

• 2 weeks later...

FDW,

You can try to do it from UI or from console.

In UI:

- Run activity monitor, see which user owns Bittorrent Sync.

- Find the folder which failed to write into.

- Right-click on the file, "Get Info", see "Sharing & Permissions"

- Make sure that your user is allowed to both read and write, and this is the same user which runs BTSync

For console you need to:

"ps aux | grep Bittorrent" to find the process and the owning user.

"cd <location>" to get to problematic folder

"ls -l" to see permissions and user who owns the folder. Again, you need to have RW permissions for your user and make sure that the user is same as running BTSync

"chown <user_name> <folder_name>" to adjust owner

"chmod 777 <folder_name>" to adjust permissions to be as permissive as it is possible