MisterRider

Sync Status Remains Un-Synced (There Are Still Up And Down Arrows)

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

I syncronize a folder called DOCUMENTS between my two computers.

When I go to the DEVICES tab and look at the STATUS column, it does not say SYNCED, as the other folders do - it gives an UP ARROW that says 71.5kB and a DOWN ARROW that says 83.0kB. It has been like this all day.

 

I have rebooted BTsync and both computers.

I have also removed that particular folder and re-added it with a new secret, all to no avail.

There is nothing locking the file.

 

Any idea why there is unsynced data?

What can I do to resolve this?

 

Thanks!

MR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi MR,

I have the same issue from a Linux host to another Linux host and from a Windows machine to all Linux hosts. Unfotunatelly I haven't found a solution yet...

Cheers,

Markus

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sync cannot transfer files whilst they are open/locked/in use by other applications. Sync will still indicate there's an amount of data still to upload/download, but this data won't actually transfer until the files in question are closed/unlocked by their respective applications.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys. Is there a workaround to ascertain which files are locked?

 

Hmmm... not easily! However, a possible "workaround" would be to search your Sync logs for the word "skip" (as Sync will log which files it's currently unable to sync along with the word "Skipping" or "Skipped")

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MisterRider,

 

It depends on your OS. For Windows you can try "Handle" utility by Sysinternals, which can show you open handles to your Sync folder.

 

However, I'd prefer to get your debug logs for analysis from both peers, if possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi!

 

I'm also having this issue, but only from my Windows-PC.

 

In this scenario, I have a Linux-Server running in the Internet, a Mac and a Windows-PC, the latter two in different networks. The Mac-instance can't punch holes via UPnP. The share has 50 GB and around 8000 files.

 

Now, the Windows-PC won't sync with the Linux-instance, always just showing how much it has to upload.

 

BUT it syncs with the Mac-instance.

 

The Mac-instance syncs with both Linux and Windows.

 

I thought it's some problem with my setup, but I've tried:

  • different client-versions
  • cleaning AppData and reinstalling the client to no avail
  • adding another Linux-instance on a different machine & IP
  • looking at the debug-log on both sides

all to no avail.

 

I've given up for now and I'm hoping a future version will fix this.

 

I'm just wondering: Are the devs aware of this problem or is it just me?

 

Regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi sebknzl,

 

Development is definitely aware of the issue. The main obstacle in resolving "My sync got stuck" issue is numerous different reasons that causing it.

 

I would really appreciate if you can supply me with your logs full debug output from all your 3 machines when sync got stuck.

In your case I would suspect either different characters case on Linux and Mac PCs - OR permissions issue.

 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi RomanZ!

 

I've sent you a PM with logs and a description.

 

Trying again on a new Windows-account and fresh instances on Linux, I have spotted a difference.

 

It works with a Linux where the ifconfig-output looks normal (i.e. lo and eth0) but it doesn't work

with an unusual configuration. If it doesn't work, it attempts to synchronize, transfers at 0.2k/s for about 10 seconds and then stops.

 

On the Windows-side, it logs

 

[2014-01-31 13:12:22.435] Torrent \\?\C:\Users\xxx\Desktop\test\Wildlife.wmv status:137 error:<NULL> meta:1 conns:1 io:0
 

 

The "unusual configuration" is an OpenVZ-instance and ifconfig reports something like

 

lo

venet0

venet0:0

 

where only venet0:0 has the actual public IP, both others are 127/8-addresses.

 

I have actually posted an LD_PRELOAD-hack before (see post of mine) but

of course I didn't use that now for this test-case.

 

 

Hope that helps.

 

Regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.