I Have Tested Syncing With 2 Computers And 3 Computers Each. But Have Question?

thesoul214

I have tested Bittorrent sync in IEEE802.11ac wireless netework.

I prepraed 2 AP and 1 usb. One of AP and usb connect to another AP that sets as Network-Bridge, thereby organize a small LAN with 3 devices.
until here, can you understand?..

and I performed 2 kinds of testing. that's sync with 2 of them(2 AP and 1 usb) like between 1 AP and usb or AP and AP... and with all(2 AP and 1 usb)

But the speed of syncing with 2 of them is faster than with all.

Becuase Bittorrent sync is using p2p protocol so I predict syncing with the more device is faster...

What can I think the reason ??..

If you can not understand my english, just reply me...I will try to understand you.!!

Thanks for reading.

Hi thesoul214,

I'm a little bit confused with your setup.

I guess that under "AP" you mean an Access Point which is running under BusyBox or some other Linux-based embedded, OS where you managed to install Linux version of BTSync.

I do not understand what role USB plays in your setup as it is not a self-sufficient network node. Could you please elaborate?

However, in general your concern is understandable. The more peers are "seeding" data, the faster "leeches" can receive it. This statement is more true for WAN networks as in WAN:

a) asymmetric lines are very common

B) Summary bandwidth between 2 peers is limited

So, for WAN several peers can speed up BTSync download rate significantly as they load different channels. It is much less visible in local network as usually it has a wide bandwidth and it is symmetric.

Thank you for replying me.

I guess that under "AP" you mean an Access Point which is running under BusyBox or some other Linux-based embedded, OS where you managed to install Linux version of BTSync.

I do not understand what role USB plays in your setup as it is not a self-sufficient network node. Could you please elaborate?

Actually AP means wireless access point as you said. I installed Bittorrent sync on Windows7 not Linux.

And USB also play a role as AP!! 

So in total, I prepared 3 wireless AP(included USB) and let each AP connect to computer that Bittorrent sync is installed.

In short, AP----PC , AP(role as wireless bridge)---PC, USB---PC.

3 computers(PC) sync files with Bittorrent Sycn in WLAN.

can you understand what I am saying??.

If you can, I want to ask you more about my testing...

Thank you.