Folder Size Error

xello

Hi guys

Apologies if there is something obvious i'm missing, but I noticed that the folder I am using with BTsync reports the wrong size on windows.

In my sync folder is 1 file and 1 folder (this folder containing 10 files) which comes to 25.7GB.

When I go to the properties of my sync folder though, it's showing 59.0GB and says that it contains 21 files and 2 folders.

Any ideas?

The hidden .SyncArchive folder is where Sync stores files that have been deleted from the folder on other devices you're syncing with.

Files in these folders are kept for 30 days by default, but you can change this with the advanced "sync_trash_ttl" setting.

For more information on SyncArchive, please refer to the Sync User Guide.

Hi!

I also have the same.

I have tryed to sync a folder which has around 1.8GB of data, with a R/W secret.

I also have 2copies of the folder with a R/O secretwhich contain the exact same amount of files and with same size.

The folder with R/W shows it has 3.1GB and wants to upload 1.3GB. Everything stays still, though.

I've tried this:

- close Sync on both the R/O computer

- remove the folder from R/W computer

- restart R/W computer

- add the folder again to R/W computer

--> the folder shows correct size and number of files

- restart any of the R/O computer

--> the R/W computer "discovers" the new files and goes to the previous stupid state

Nicola

The hidden .SyncArchive folder is where Sync stores files that have been deleted from the folder on other devices you're syncing with.

Files in these folders are kept for 30 days by default, but you can change this with the advanced "sync_trash_ttl" setting.

For more information on SyncArchive, please refer to the Sync User Guide.

thanks! this now makes sense :)