Android Sync Bug

lynnard

I'm running the Android version of Sync on my Blackberry which supports 4.2.2 runtime. The interface and everything are fine, but apparently automatic syncing is not working - when it's downloading the file from the remote into .SyncPart for some reason it makes the file bigger than 2GB, although the original file is only a few KB.

• 2 months later...

I've just been caught out by this same issue with my Z10.

I realise BB10 is unsupported, but this is really disastrous behaviour - I set my phone up to synchronise with my android tablet and homeserver, saw it starting to download and then left it for an hour or so. When I came back, my phone's memory was full and my tablet's memory was full. It had turned the files it downloaded (about 500MB) into 2GB monstrosities and then uploaded those back to the other devices. It got through about 10GB of space before I caught it.

Luckily, I did not have .SyncArchive turned off and was able to retrieve my files. You can imagine the trouble this could cause, however.

I'm not asking for a fix - simply preventing people from installing it on BlackBerrys would suffice.

Thanks.