Phone Sync Doesn't Work

Ethan

Running BTSync on android here and syncing on the phone doesn't ever seem to work. It only works if I manually check for new files within the app which will make it start. From then everything goes well and speeds max out what my wifi is capable of, which is great. I want the syncing to start on its own though. And unfortunately deleting files on the phone will not delete them anywhere else.

I do have autosync enabled and the phone is not connected with a read only secret.

I figured this has probably been brought up somewhere, so I looked through the forum and found similar issues, all which concerned additional problems though such as special file attributes or extremely large files. This is not the case here. I just want syncing to start autonomously, so the very basic function of BTSync.

Any advice?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey all - you might want to update your BTSync app...  I just got an update on my Nexus 5 ( version 1.3.20.0 ) and I now have syncing over the celluar connection, yeah..  I turned on WiFI again and got another sync ( assuming it was over WiFi ) but I'll be testing quite a bit more now.

Thanks BTSync devs... Now I can migrate my tasks/notes fully to todo.sh(linux) and Simpletask cloudless(Android).