When A File Is Deleted From A Remote Sync New Changes Are Never Resynced

richardwest

I'm running Sync 1.2.87 on two systems with a folder sync setup using the read only secret. on Server B.

So files that are created on Server A are being synced to Server B, but no changes on Server B and being pushed back to server A.

Files are being pushed from Server A to Server B as expected.

However, if I manually delete file from server B, than that file is no longer being synced from Server A. This occurs even after the file has been modified on Server A. 

It appears that Server B is remembering that I deleted a file with the same file name at one time, so it's being ignored forever.

Is this behavior by design? Is there a setting that I can change to either force server B to re-download any files that have been deleted? Or at download files from Server A that may have once been deleted, but are now changed files on Server A?

Is this behavior by design? Is there a setting that I can change to either force server B to re-download any files that have been deleted? Or at download files from Server A that may have once been deleted, but are now changed files on Server A?

I'm intrested in this as well. Is there a parameter to change this behaviour?

Thanks

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Yes, this behaviour is designed. As soon as hash of the file changes (i.e. some actual data is modified) OR file is deleted / moved outside of the folder, the BTSync marks it with "Invalidated" flag in database and never re-syncs back.

This behaviour can be adjusted. In BTSync, in folder properties there is a setting "Restore modified files to original version" which is unchecked by default. You can check it and BTSync will restore files when they are changed / removed.

Thanks but I cannot see that option anywhere. Is this Folder Properties (which I can't find) or Folder Preferences (which doesn't have this option).

Sorry if I'm missing something.

S

You'll only find this option on the Folder Properties dialog for folders with a read-only secret

Has anyone got a solution to this? 

I'm having similar issues. I have 3 computers - for different locations - and I was hoping to sync all three using BT Sync. 

Issues I'm having - 2 computers seem to be syncing fine including deletions, creating files etc and it's viewed by all 3 computers. The 3rd computer, can create files, it sees created files from the other 2 computers, but when deleting files, the other two computers does not sync?

If anyone can help - that would be appreciated. 

This behaviour can be adjusted. In BTSync, in folder properties there is a setting "Restore modified files to original version" which is unchecked by default. You can check it and BTSync will restore files when they are changed / removed.

Whats the setting for Linux-nodes?

Thanks

Chris