Syncing From Mobile App To Several Destinations

alan437652

I use the Android btsync app to sync photos between my phone and my NAS which is on all the time.

If I add another node (e.g. my laptop) which knows the secret for the photos folder, how will the sync take place?

Will the Android app upload all the images twice, or will they go to the NAS which then syncs to the laptop, or what?

Obviously, the second option is desirable as it halves the amount of mobile data used, is there any way to ensure that's what happens?

If I add another node (e.g. my laptop) which knows the secret for the photos folder, how will the sync take place?

Will the Android app upload all the images twice, or will they go to the NAS which then syncs to the laptop, or what?

The sync will attempt to obtain a copy of the files from whatever devices it can connect to.

You can even have your phone off completely and the laptop would obtain the files from the NAS.

The sync will attempt to obtain a copy of the files from whatever devices it can connect to.

You can even have your phone off completely and the laptop would obtain the files from the NAS.

Yeah, I realize that.

The object is to prevent both the laptop & the NAS from downloading the same files directly from the phone as this would double the mobile data bill.

EDIT: A thought, If I disabled relay and tracker options on the laptop installation and then used a predefined host entry to connect it only to the NAS (i.e. locally, on my LAN), would that solve my problem?

The mobile would then upload new photos to the NAS which would then sync to the laptop.

Does that sound sensible?