Reset Btsync Setting

Thuantran

If you've lost a folder's secret, you could locate it from the corresponding location on the other devices the folder was previously syncing with (assuming they have full-access secrets).

If not, you'd just have to add the folder to Sync again with a new secret, and distribute this secret to your other devices accordingly.

If you've lost a folder's secret, you could locate it from the corresponding location on the other devices the folder was previously syncing with (assuming they have full-access secrets).

If not, you'd just have to add the folder to Sync again with a new secret, and distribute this secret to your other devices accordingly.

But the files are not indexing anymore when I add sync folder again with new secret code

Sounds like your installation of Sync has become corrupt when you re-installed Windows.

To resolve:

1. Make a note of which folders you're currently syncing, and their secrets

2. Exit Sync

3. Rename your %AppData%/BitTorrent Sync folder to "BitTorrent SyncOLD"

3. Reinstall Sync (this will perform a fresh install)

4. Add your previous folders back to Sync (If you see warnings about resetting/changing ownership, accept them)

Thuantran,

There is a known issue. Sync indexing stops when it encounters a folder which it can't process by some reason. For Windows drives it is a very common case due to fact that Windows creates "System Volume Information" folder which is only accessible for SYSTEM user, even not for admin.

This issue is already fixed in upcoming release, for now I would advise avoid adding whole drive as a Sync folder.

Thuantran,

I guess you moved the file outside of sync folder, right? Please make sure that:

1) The folder you are moving file out is not read-only

2) Check that computers "see" each other in "Devices" tab.

3) Give 10 minutes to BTSync in case if system notification did not work

4) Make sure that your "folder_rescan_interval" is not zero (zero means "never")

5) If all above did not help - please collect debug logs for analysis and send to me to our support (syncapp@bittorrent.com) with issue description.