nsergiu

Sync Api On Ios

Is it possible to use the sync API on iOS? I am analysing the possibility to build an iOS app based on the bit torrent sync, this would ideally be incorporated into the app bundle.

Any thoughts as to when/if you might have a mobile BTSync API?  That would be an welcome addition to an otherwise terrific program and would allow its use to proliferate even further, and one step closer to removing dropbox altogether.

Thanks

+1000 ... iOS SDK would be unbelievably useful -- I have a few hundred iOS devices that need to sync large files into their local storage.  Many of the devices are on a local network:  being able to use Sync would be so fantastic.

I could really use the sync API for iOS. I have an app which needs to sync potentially thousands of files between iPhones, iPads, and Macs over WiFi.

I'm willing to pay for a license of course. I just need to know how much it would be.

I know you've already said you're not doing an iOS SDK or have nothing to announce yet, but I ask why? You're obviously already using it for your iOS app. There's so many different apps which could benefit from your sync API, I think you could do very well licensing it to other developers.

Thanks,

Brendan

Developer of Tap Forms for Mac and iOS

www.tapforms.com

Calgary, Canada

@brendand

There is still no API for iOS and (unfortunately) I can't share ETA, sorry. We are aware of the development interest towards Sync API for mobile platforms. I'll update the dev branch of forums as soon as I'll get some news.

I assume iOS support will be complicated by the restrictions imposed on background applications and the iTunes store aversion to anything bittrorrent related.

@rupert

Mostly because of iOS itself limitations. Current status is pretty much the same - we are aware of the request in this branch, though can't provide ETA or any plans for iOS API.