Latest 1.2.91 Build

RomanZ

Hi all,

Here is a new desktop build, 1.2.91. The main release change is compatibility with upcoming 1.3 client, plus some minor fixes.

List of changes:

• Upcoming 1.3 compatibility

• Fixed issue with permissions transfer on Linux and Mac during initial scan

• Fixed issue with sync getting stuck after folder removal

• Fixed issue when deleted files get restored after peer comes online

• Fixed issue when new version not checked on Linux and FreeBSD

Hi all,

Here is a new desktop build, 1.2.91. The main release change is compatibility with upcoming 1.3 client, plus some minor fixes.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE provide also a binary for Geode - otherwise it is really a huge problem to release the package for Debian/Ubuntu/etc.

dms2013,

Please try to add syncapp.bittorrent.com to hosts with IP 23.21.106.161 - just in case if only DNS name is blocked, not IP. 

We'll put the whole list of changes and when 1.3 is released. It is still being developed so we don't want to set any false expectations.

Here is a new desktop build, 1.2.91. List of changes:

• Fixed issue when deleted files get restored after peer comes online

I had to reboot one of my Linux clients, and as usual I went a few days before I noticed that I hadn't manually restarted its btsync. That's always been a hassle because after that kind of delay, the restarted client has always clobbered a bunch of stuff. I upgraded to 1.2.91 and launched it, and this time it synced 100% cleanly, so that was a welcome fix.

JimmyTheSaint,

We'll be glad to hear if the fix worked for you or not.

Yes, I'm saying the fix worked.

In addition, as I mentioned in another thread, I stopped using Android sleep because I was experiencing too many unpredictable glitches. With sleep turned off, I've been 100% glitch free for several weeks. I'm hoping that the recent "peer come online" fix will also prevent the anomalies that happen when a sleeping Android peer wakes up. I'll try Android sleep again at the next update to the Android version.

Any of the issues you remember bound to auto-sleep?

Yes, that's what I mean. With auto sleep on at 15 or 30 minutes, about once per day I was experiencing things like old versions overwriting new versions, phantom Android sync files, and other small annoyances that couldn't really be predicted or traced. I think I mentioned it on the boards here somewhere, but because of the lack of diagnostic info, I couldn't raise a specific, reproducible problem on these forums. All I know is that for the past six weeks with auto sleep turned off and my phones syncing 24/7 (they're always on a network), I haven't had a single problem. But without auto sleep, my phone consumes 20% battery per hour. With auto sleep, it's 5%. Carrying a spare battery with a Samsung phone is a total no-brainer, otherwise using the battery this way for the sake of persistent two-way sync wouldn't be possible.

BTW, the Check for Update button never seem to work for me :)

That's correct - Check for Update is working, however, whilst Sync remains in "Beta", not every new beta build is pushed out straight away - if at all - via the Check for Update feature.

This will change once Sync leaves "beta"