Raspberry Pi Vs Beaglebone Black, Which One Suitable For Bittorent Sync

RyanHua

Hi guys,

I currently building a small NAS, which act as a bittorent sync server. So I don't have to leave my laptop open 24/24. 

Haven't got any experience with either Raspberry Pi or BeagleBone Black. After doing a bit research, and find out BeagleBone Black seem a better system, but hard to setup and lack of information as well. While the Rasberry Pi have plenty of guide, instruction how to install bittorent sync.

So which one is the best choice for bittorent sync? 

Edited by RyanHua

Look like Raspberry Pi is a popular choice and it's seem super easy to setup. But I can't ignore the specs of the Beaglebone Black, it's so damn good the price and look like the system can last long for long run. 

Any experience witht he Beaglebone Black? appreciate all inputs :) don't want regret after purchasing the unit. 

• 2 weeks later...

Raspberry PI works fine here as well.

I have on running at home, where BTSync stores files on my NAS (did not get BTS working on my NAS) and one at my parents, connected to their NAS. Those minor problems I get from time to time are not really BTS-related (e.g. not mounting the NAS on reboot).

Yeah, the RPI might be slow, but if your internet connection is even slower, and your NAS is not the best as well, you dont really care :D