Btsync Ubuntu Package: Cant Find Debug File

Der-Tommy

I like Bittorent Sync very much. Its a cool product.

Not everything is working correctly so i treid to activate the debug log, but I just cant find a way how to do this. I used the ppa:tuxpoldo/btsync.

Can anyone tell me where the .sync file is where i can activate logging?

Thanks

I like Bittorent Sync very much. Its a cool product.

Not everything is working correctly so i treid to activate the debug log, but I just cant find a way how to do this. I used the ppa:tuxpoldo/btsync.

Can anyone tell me where the .sync file is where i can activate logging?

Thanks

Hi Tommy!

If during the installation you decided to create a default instance (it's the default), btsync will store all it's internal stuff in /var/lib/btsync

In order to activate debugging, please issue the following commands from the console:

sudo echo FFFF > /var/lib/btsync/debug.txtsudo service btsync restart

You will now find your debugging log in /var/lib/btsync/sync.log - please remember that the log file can become very huge, of you forget to disable logging when you do not need it any more...

p.S.: what RomanZ wrote in the previous posting, is correct if you use the btsync executable as downloaded directly from BitTorrent Inc. by launching it manually. The btsync package, installs a full deployment scenario that controls where things are written and processes are managed.