Files Disappear From Sync Folder

skids89

We installed sync across 3 different computers one with xp, one with windows 7, and one with windows 8. The files we placed in the sync folder worked great for several weeks then suddenly started disappearing.

Sometimes these files can be discovered by a search and other times they can not. Regardless of which scenario they fall under these files are not visible, hidden, or set as system files. This is very troubling since these files are for our business and contain important customer information.

(We found the files in the .syncarchive folder) Why is it being moved there?

I have started a debugging log as of this morning but wont be able to post it until this problem comes up again. I have noticed that this seems to occur when new files are saved to the synced folder and as far as I am aware, not when they are copied in.

Please help... This is a problem and we will uninstall sync very soon if we can't find a solution.

Edited by skids89

This is very troubling since these files are for our business and contain important customer information.

Please remember that Sync is still in "beta" and therefore, you should always be cautious with any "beta" software if you're using it with important/critical information that you don't have backed-up elsewhere.

(We found the files in the .syncarchive folder) Why is it being moved there?

Files are moved to .SyncArchive when they are deleted on another device.

For example, if you have a file on Device A and Device B, and the file is then deleted on Device B. On Device A, the corresponding file will be moved to the .SyncArchive folder.

Files are moved to .SyncArchive when they are deleted on another device.

Files are also moved to .SyncArchive when they are moved from the synced folder on the other computer/device.

I get the beta thing. The the problem happens not while these files are being moved to .syncarchive, but as they are SAVED/CREATED IN  the sync folder. They have not been deleted. What else might cause this?

Has the file been moved on the computer it was transferred to?

If you copy a file from computer A to computer B, then move the file on Computer B to another folder, the file on computer A goes to the .SyncArchive.