Bittorrent Sync On Qnap 4.1

haberjr

I installed bittorrent sync on a QNAP NAS HS-210. The version number is 1.1.82. Upon opening the app it asks me to agree with the usual legalese and then a window comes up which I have never seen before i.e. it does not come up on my synology NAS. I attach it here. No matter what I try. I cannot get BT sync to start and create folders on the NAS.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

post-37402-0-68274800-1394645167_thumb.j

haberjr,

QNAP NAS HS-210 is running under embedded linux. BTSync for Linux has a webUI interface, which is protected by login and a password. Could you please try to put default login with password? I suggest it would be "admin" with empty password or with "password" password.

Thank you for your suggestions. I followed them to the letter: User id admin and empty password did not work. I also tried with password "password" this did not work either. I get my ip nr:14888 and "this webpage is not available.'

Any other suggestions. I really want this to work. I am willing to try anything to get this to work. I appreciate your help. Thank you.

haberjr,

There is always a native way to make it working. You need to connect to your NAS via ssh console, put btsync binary somewhere, configure embedded linux to run it on a startup - and connect to NAS IP over port 8888 with browser.

Archived