Max Devices?

TheDurtch

I am wondering what the maximum amount of devices can connect to one secret. 
In order to test this out I am sharing an empty folder with this secret 

BEHNKLSYOBA5SPJYXMSAAKQMS2B4PVKXJ

If you could leave a comment saying you joined this it would be great. 
Or if someone had the answer if and what the limit is that would be great.

There are no physical limits imposed by Sync on the number of devices that can connect using the same secret, but due to the nature of how decentralized P2P networks work, not all devices will necessarily be connected to all other devices simultaneously.

i.e. if you have 10,000 devices all trying to obtain a 1GB file from a single device, different "chunks" of that file will be sent out to different devices so that the overall load is spread over the P2P network rather than all devices needed to obtain all parts of a file from a single peer.

There are no physical limits imposed by Sync on the number of devices that can connect using the same secret, but due to the nature of how decentralized P2P networks work, not all devices will necessarily be connected to all other devices simultaneously.
So, if it's true, I believe that each devices can only see a maximum of 50 devices each.

Perhaps, but if you have more than 50 devices on a given secret, it's likely that you will end up with an interconnected blob of peers that will still be able to maintain sync beyond the 50 connection per node limit in much the same way that normal bittorrent clients do.