vadviktor

Files Are Not Syncing, Only Directories

On Linux Mint Petra in a VMWARE machine I create a folder to sync, add that with Web GUI, add some files to it. Then I set it up on the host machine to sync that folder. VMWARE client shows it is syncing those files and host shows the same size/number of files to be receiving. Still ONLY directories are created on the host, no files ever get synced.

When I add a file on the host side it gets to the client side; when I delete it on the client side, it deletes right on the host. But when I add something on the client side, it never gets to the host.

BTsync is working perfectly between Win<->Win, Win<->Android. Linux permissions are correct/unchanged.

I wish someone could point out some ways to debug it and lend me some brain :)

If needed I could elaborate on this with screenshots, logs or whatever.

Thanks!

Extra info:

On the vmware client I use a nat and host only interface.

When I switch over to a bridge and host only setup, files get synced correctly.

Here are my vital configs:

"storage_path" : "/var/lib/btsync","listening_port" : 0,"check_for_updates" : false,"use_upnp" : true,"download_limit" : 0,"upload_limit" : 0,"disk_low_priority" : true,"lan_encrypt_data" : false,"lan_use_tcp" : true,"rate_limit_local_peers" : false,"folder_rescan_interval" : 600,"sync_trash_ttl" : 7,

Refined question:

Can I get BTsync working through NAT?

vadviktor,

BTSync should work fine with NAT. It uses UPnP and PMP to open necessary ports in NAT. If it failed for you, you can try to do a direct port mapping for your VMWare NAT, please see the article describing how to do it.